If you could switch from Windows to Mac, would you?

Would you switch?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Already have

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. Every OS has it's strengths and weaknesses. Windows has the most programs compatible with it, but it has the most viruses. Macs are very easy to use, but they're not good for anything beyond everyday tasks. Linux has a lot of power, but it's harder to use than the other OS's. Since I've gotten used to linux and am starting to learn to use it for all it's worth, I'm going to stick with it.

Probably not. Every OS has it's strengths and weaknesses. Windows has the most programs compatible with it, but it has the most viruses. Macs are very easy to use, but they're not good for anything beyond everyday tasks. Linux has a lot of power, but it's harder to use than the other OS's. Since I've gotten used to linux and am starting to learn to use it for all it's worth, I'm going to stick with it.

I have to disagree in some parts, i.e

Windows has the most Viruses, maybe because its has the worst users, I repair PCs for joe public and most of them have no AntiSpyware or AV or decent firewall, nor do they understand web fundementals or simple tasks or good PC management, big words for small issues so with the vast majority of PCs being MS based its no wonder why MS get a bad rap for all the viruses, but the the real challenge for virus writers is to disable MAC and Linux thats the Holy Grail.

Macs are easy to use!! well yes I suppose if your a Mac user and they have more uses than you think, go to any Newspaper or DTP Office and youll find an array of Macs as they run graphic applications a lot better/faster.

Linux, Very good for Open Source (something MS used to be) I would like a MS based GUI :S so basically all down to personal choice.

:booyah:

ive used Windows all my life, never have i used anything else. i hear all this complaining about windows but thankfully i havent had any problems. but yeah it is a personal choice.

bob.png

= win.

i wouldn't switch completely to macs, but i don't hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back