Imgburn

pinkgirl

I got the dreaded bootmgr is missing message on my laptop computer, and found this site on how to fix it. However I am at work, and I it will not let me dowload the ImgBurn because I do not have admin privileges. (And my work computer is the only computer I have access to besides my now defaunct laptop).

Is there any way to get the ImgBurn even if I'm not an admin? Is there any other way to get the Torrent to run? Is there any other way to get the Vista Recovery disk to put it on my computer? I really need my laptop, and am not thrilled that it has only been 3 months since I bought this computer. Can anybody please give me any ideas as to how i can do this. Thanks in advance.

Sadly there is no way to get the Torrent to run it. The torrent is just a small file used with another application to download a file. It doesnt do anything else but get the pieces of the file that is included in the torrent.

What type of laptop is it? Make and model please if you know. We might be able to guide you without the use of the Recovery CD. While that would be the easiest it can still be done.

Have you tried to hit F8, F11 or F12 to select the boot method and try to boot into the Recovery Partition that way?

Thanks for your reply. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Computer. Yea, it happened last night, and I tried hitting the various F8 and F12 keys and nothing worked. I googled the error message when I got to work and found this site. Like it stated in the post, my laptop came with Toshiba's Recovery cds, but no Vista's cds, and I do not want to wipe my computer clean, especially if there is a way for me to keep my files. Any other solutions are welcome, thanks.

There are ways for you to wipe the drive and keep your files. But that would require a download of a LiveCD version of Linux.

Do the Toshiba Recovery Discs offer anything? Other than a way to reinstall Vista? Most Recovery CD's from the company are basically a Vista disk that is specifically designed for the machine you are using. So that might still help.

No the recovery disks really didnt offer anything. I think I am going to just have to go to a friends house, and see if i can dowload Imgburn. I just wanted to be able to do the process today, and get my computer up and running. Thanks anyway for your help. I

Hi.

I had the same problem with my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba call centre just suggested me to reinstall Vista (!) and so did a pc shop.

I followed all instructions on neosmart link i am enclosing

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/download-windows-vista-x64-recovery-disc/

and.... yuppie :smile:) ... it worked perfect! Do not use any other software (Nero or other ) to burn your cd data but what is suggested (Img burn) you will have to download .

I hope it helps.

nadia

Well they have InfraRecorder portable, but I'm thinking that wouldn't work either because you still haft to run an installer (which may require admin privallages) to extract the files. I cant think of a portable torrent client at the moment. Maybe that'll work.

I have an intell desktop with 3 external hdd,s; The other day I tried to install xp into one of my bootable hard drives and got the dreaded "blu screen of death'..... on all 4 hdd's. So to make them bootable again is my problem.Non of them will allow me to install windows on it, as I am using activebootdisk to be able to read my email online and search for answers. I shall keep trying to get windows to install: UBUNTU will not even work live or install.......Help!

I have an intell desktop with 3 external hdd,s; The other day I tried to install xp into one of my bootable hard drives and got the dreaded "blu screen of death'..... on all 4 hdd's. So to make them bootable again is my problem.Non of them will allow me to install windows on it, as I am using activebootdisk to be able to read my email online and search for answers. I shall keep trying to get windows to install: UBUNTU will not even work live or install.......Help!
Hi titof, welcome to NST.
Why can't you install XP or Ubuntu?
Did you put the CD/DVD drive first in the boot sequence on the BIOS, and try to boot the CD(s)? If not, then yeah, it wont work...

Back