In the spirit

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. It seems we had a great 2007 and here is to a even better 2008.

In that spirit i will be writing up some more guides and tutorials for several applications on how to do several things. Here is a small list do far of what i have in mind.

Alcohol 120% - Create ISO, Burn ISO
CDBurnerXP - Burn ISO
ImgBurn - BurnISO
MagicISO - BurnISO

The reason for this is because each person has their won choice of applications they like to use. So i will cover a broad range of apps in this essance. 2 of these are paid the other 2 are free. So it can be used as a reference to others as well as a guide for those who already use this software.

I will also add my guides about how to Import bookmarks for IE, Firefox and Opera to this site since my site is gone. Those will be useful. I will also write up my guide to making Opera easy to use for the beginner as well as a small guide to Firefox and its extensions that are most notable.

Granted this will not all be done in a day. It will take me some time to accomplish all this. But this is my plan for now. Would like to hear some feedback and input on what other think. To much, to little and if so what to add or exclude.

~Mak

That's great, because I have a question. How you you successfully burn .nrg images in Alcohol 120%? Everytime I try, I get an error message, the burning stops, and the disc is unusable again.

Thanks! I won't be good as Mak but maybe I'll get better :smile:

PS. Guru, I love new part in your signature!

That's great, because I have a question. How you you successfully burn .nrg images in Alcohol 120%? Everytime I try, I get an error message, the burning stops, and the disc is unusable again.

The .nrg files are actually Nero Image Files. Nero should be able to burn them by default. I have only had 1 file with that extension but i do know of it. I didnt burn it with Alxohol 120% i used Nero to burn it.

I will see if i can make a few .nrg files and burn them with Alcohol 120% and see if i get the same problems as you have expressed. If i can duplicate them i will surely be able to figure out how to get around it. But till i can get to work on it i would suggest trying to burn them with Nero. Even the 30 Day trial version should be able to do it. If not there is always ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP that can do it.

Sarge that is great you are willing to contribute. Between us we should be able to cover almost all teh apps that are useful in everday life.:grinning: I have already gotten teh Alcohol 120% burnign guide done. I will double check that .nrg issue real quick and get some results back.:wink:

The .nrg files are actually Nero Image Files. Nero should be able to burn them by default. I have only had 1 file with that extension but i do know of it. I didnt burn it with Alxohol 120% i used Nero to burn it.

I will see if i can make a few .nrg files and burn them with Alcohol 120% and see if i get the same problems as you have expressed. If i can duplicate them i will surely be able to figure out how to get around it. But till i can get to work on it i would suggest trying to burn them with Nero. Even the 30 Day trial version should be able to do it. If not there is always ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP that can do it.

Sarge that is great you are willing to contribute. Between us we should be able to cover almost all teh apps that are useful in everday life.:grinning: I have already gotten teh Alcohol 120% burnign guide done. I will double check that .nrg issue real quick and get some results back.:wink:
I know that they're Nero images, but I'm trying to burn games to discs, and from what I've heard, the specific version of nero that I need for burning this type of game is very old [version 5]. So, I'm trying to see if it will work in alcohol, since I payed for the full software, and I want to use it as much as I can.

I know that Daemon Tools can mount NRG files.
You can then mount it and play, or mount it and burn it to another CD from there.

I know that they're Nero images, but I'm trying to burn games to discs, and from what I've heard, the specific version of nero that I need for burning this type of game is very old [version 5]. So, I'm trying to see if it will work in alcohol, since I payed for the full software, and I want to use it as much as I can.

Being that they are Nero Images they will only Burn with Nero. They can be mounted with Alcohol or Daemon tools. But they have to be burned with Nero. This is after doing some research on the .nrg format that i have found this out. They can be converted to .iso's or orther similar formats but if you leave then as .nrg you ahve to use Nero to burn them. That is why you keep getting this error. It is Nero playing badly with other apps.

But Mak, if you mount them in Deamon Tools, in virtual drive, can't you tell any burning cd app to read it from that virtual cd rom and write it to real cd?

It may work. The problem with that is that doing so you can miss some files. Like moutnign a XP image you will miss the boot files. I have seen that before. The only sure fire way to get all teh files included would be to convert it to a .iso or burn it with Nero. Anything else you run the risk of losign a important system file that could be over looked cause the image was mounted.

About nero i have a legit copy of it, however it always says my serial key supports other features and tells me to update. so once i updated and it said that it has to uninstall and reinstall, it restarted the computer and when it turned back on nero wasnt installed and nothing happened. anyone hear anything about that?

I have seen that before. Some of the features that you were updating required the applicaiton to uninstall. If you run the installer again and input your serial and use the custom settings you should see all the parts that you can isntall there and be able to choose them.

That is just a glitch that i have seen a couple of times with Nero. Once it was from a update from Nero 6 to Nero 7 and the other time it was when i went ot add InCD to my Nero Install.

Back