Install Of Windows Too New ( or old ? ).

marshallg

I have a circa 2015 Windows 10 version of EaseRE that I rarely have to use ( Thankfully, it's there when I did need it ). I dusted of a notebook I had in storage this Memorial Day weekend and ran my copy of EaseRE on it. It correctly identified all four partitions on the disk, Identified Windows 10 and gave the following message in a bold red font :

"This installation of Windows is too new to be safely repaired with this version of EasyRE. Please check for an updated release before trying again. Please select a different drive to continue."

I ran it on two other systems, that did not need repair, but received the same result.

Question : Is their a newer Windows 10 trial version or upgrade path ?

Microsoft will end support for Windows 10 in a little over a year (Oct 2025). Makes no sense why the OP is asking about a newer trial version or upgrade path?! There are NONE !?!

I have a circa 2015 Windows 10 version of EaseRE that I rarely have to use ( Thankfully, it's there when I did need it ). I dusted of a notebook I had in storage this Memorial Day weekend and ran my copy of EaseRE on it. It correctly identified all four partitions on the disk, Identified Windows 10 and gave the following message in a bold red font :

"This installation of Windows is too new to be safely repaired with this version of EasyRE. Please check for an updated release before trying again. Please select a different drive to continue."

I ran it on two other systems, that did not need repair, but received the same result.

Did you actually purchase the Windows 10 version?

It seems your version of EaseRE from circa 2015 is not compatible with newer versions of Windows 10. You may need to check for an updated release or consider an alternative recovery tool.
for official windows 10 Download Windows 10

Last edited:
I bought windows pro 11 windows essential 7x but needs a update. How can I get an updated version or Can I request to convert my 7 purchases to the technical version

I am also looking for a updated version of the pro version of the program. Please advise how I can obtain a update

I have the same challenge of getting the windows 10 and Windows 11 windows essential recovery disk's updates, please advise how we can get updates of the program that was bought

Thank you, Since I bought the program 7 times, could I maybe pay the difference in to convert to the technical version, I did email all the order reference numbers to to the support e mail

I have send a few requests to EasyRE Support <easyre@neosmart.net and received no response yet. Kindly advise if this is the correct e mail and why no response been received to date since 12 July on current issue as well as earlier this year with no response yet as from 01 January 2024 and some last year. No response yet?

Back