install programs on seperate partition automaticly ?

GOV

Hi
Running a dual setup of w7 pro on one SSD and HDD.
When installing a program on the SSD it automaticly installs on the HDD too?
Is there a sync mechanism in windows or easybcd that does this?
Sdd stands alone with only w7 os installes G:
HDD have three partitions C: W7 , E: storage and F: acronis image home 2015 backup
what happen when you install a program on a stand alone partiton sdd w7, and it automaticly installs at the HDD C:, and how to stop this?
Is it EASYBCD or something with windows that automaticly does this?

EasyBCD is a passive utility. It only does anything when you start it and give it instructions, and that is limited to BCD changes.
Once it has stopped it is completely inactive and takes no part in the booting or the running of your OS.
You cannot install software on two systems simultaneously.
If you think that is happening, it's possible that you are not booting to the OS you intended.
When you boot each OS, can you verify that Disk Management says that the one you think you are running is flagged "boot".
and where are the "system" and "active" flags ?

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

I checked the system as recomended and did the following changes

I loaded w7 pro with the HDD and did the following changes in EasyBCD 2.2:
Under Select an OS ( windows 7 SDD (G:smile: I used advanced settings basic: NAME: SSD windows 7, LOCALE : English, Drive: Changed it to G:\
At this time everyting is working, I can not explain how or why, However no more double installs, acronis recovery works also seperat SSD and HDD
NB: both SSD G: is set flagged as active. Also the HDD C: is flagged as active
It works, someone esle must explain it I can not
Thanks
GOV

EasyBCD is a passive utility. It only does anything when you start it and give it instructions, and that is limited to BCD changes.
Once it has stopped it is completely inactive and takes no part in the booting or the running of your OS.
You cannot install software on two systems simultaneously.
If you think that is happening, it's possible that you are not booting to the OS you intended.
When you boot each OS, can you verify that Disk Management says that the one you think you are running is flagged "boot".
and where are the "system" and "active" flags ?

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

Attachments

• SDD and HDD partition.jpg
    SDD and HDD partition.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 6
Sounds like you had two BCD entries both pointing to the same OS, so that you were always booting to the same one, whichever boot menu entry you used.
Now you have correctly pointed to the G partition, everything's OK.
It's normal to have both "active". That flag is just a signal to the MBR of where the next stage of the boot process is located. On any disk which is not being booted it has no function.

Thanks for all help
sincerely
Gov

Sounds like you had two BCD entries both pointing to the same OS, so that you were always booting to the same one, whichever boot menu entry you used.
Now you have correctly pointed to the G partition, everything's OK.
It's normal to have both "active". That flag is just a signal to the MBR of where the next stage of the boot process is located. On any disk which is not being booted it has no function.[/QUO

Back