Install Windows 7 from ISO Boot

timeshift

Hello all,

I tried to install Windows 7 using the ISO Boot from EasyBCD, but I'm having problems:

The ISO boots ok, but when I hit "Install Now" it asks for CD/DVD device drivers which I can't locate. Do you know how I can fix this?

And I have another question:

Can I create a new partition, extract the ISO there and boot off that partition?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Timeshift,

Welcome to the forum.

“I tried to install Windows 7 using the ISO Boot from EasyBCD, but I'm having problems:”

The ISO file you’re referring to I believe is the Windows 7 repair disk that repairs the boot for Windows seven. It is not that they would actually installing Windows 7. To install Windows 7 you’re going to need a Windows 7 installation disk.

Timeshift,

Welcome to the forum.

“I tried to install Windows 7 using the ISO Boot from EasyBCD, but I'm having problems:”

The ISO file you’re referring to I believe is the Windows 7 repair disk that repairs the boot for Windows seven. It is not that they would actually installing Windows 7. To install Windows 7 you’re going to need a Windows 7 installation disk.

No no, I was really referring to the installation disk. I've already downloaded 2 different ISO's and both give me the same error.

I believe that is something to do with the procedure itself, not the ISO.

There is no installation disc on this site.
The ISOs here and here are repair discs. The install button has no function because no installation files exist.
Just look at the size of the ISO.
A vista or W7 installation disc needs a DVD, containing multiple Gb.
These aren't free copies of the OS. They're the same disc you can create yourself (Control Panel > Backup & Restore > Create Repair Disc), hosted here for the convenience of those users who didn't have the foresight to create their own before their OS broke.

Hi,

Ive exactly the same problem. Im sure Ive installation ISO (its size around 4,3GB and its marked as BD-ROM). Boot from the ISO works perfectly as timeshift mentioned, but installation process of windows 7 needs some driver to continue (I think its driver for virtual drive of EasyBCD). Before this request I set the language and timezone, so installation process has already started. However I can't get over this point. There is a browser option and besides my real hdds I can see device with name 'Boot' which has many folders within. I hope someone here can tell me where could I find this driver and finish installation. Ive it just next to me on the other screen..

Last edited:
It came from my win 7 disc. Ive to install through some alternative way becouse my new computer doesnt support my old disc drive (SATA vs ATA).

I wanted to try the ISO Boot option to install win7 by using my iso backup of the ORIGINAL disc. And i got the same issue: an unknown driver is required to install from the virtual CD/DvD.

As JustinW says, we can't (?) install by using the ISO Boot feature. So my question is: what that feature is used for? I mean, IF every programs can be installed from inside the running O.S., IF Linux installations have their own LiveCD/DvD version, IF most of the rescue applications have a way to be launched from an USB drive, the MAIN use of the ISO Boot feature is of course the chance to install again the O.S., without burning CD/DVDs, without using CD/DVD burner and obviously saving time.

So, in few words, that feature is useless.

The feature to boot from ISO is not useless. It just cant be used to install Windows. There is many other programs out there that use ISO's other than just Windows.

Very rude indeed methinks, as CG says the boot from iso has many uses, I use it for Windows Recovery, Acronis True Image, Partition Master and many others so it is actually one of the most useful features of EasyBCD.

Back