Installing EasyBCD

Hello all,
I'm Triple booting Windows on an ASUS Sabertooth990FX Mobo (UFEI) ..My HD's are MBR (NTFS) Question : Is it necessary to place EasyBCD 2.2 on each of the operating systems ...I have done so and it seems that booting is kind of "Wonky" at times... (cant select OS at boot time) "Just Askin" Thanks for any help or experience... Regards Fred

EasyBCD isn't an active part of the boot process.
It's an app you can use from any Windows OS to maintain the contents of the BCD.
It doesn't matter whether you install one copy or several, none of them do anything unless you run a copy and ask it to make a change.
Can you give more detail about what's "wonky".

EasyBCD isn't an active part of the boot process.
It's an app you can use from any Windows OS to maintain the contents of the BCD.
It doesn't matter whether you install one copy or several, none of them do anything unless you run a copy and ask it to make a change.
Can you give more detail about what's "wonky".

Terry60,
Hello... Yes, I'll try to explain. EasyBCD lists at boot time the three OS's And a "Macrium Reflect" entry (boot into Macrium program to recover an image) Sometimes i can select which entry that i want.... other times .... no keyboard response ...so it just defaults to the "main" OS, or i have to use the "F8" (ASUS BIOS boot menu) to select ...Loads before the EasyBCD selection ..I know that you have to "program" the ASUS MOBO's by removing battery and power to the "Mobo" and then letting the "Mobo" discover the hard drives that are present, when re-applying power .... Also you then configure the boot order in BIOS ... Don't know if this explanation is enough ... post back if you need more "info" .... Thanks for your response ...Regards Fred

I reiterate my first sentence.
EasyBCD doesn't list anything at boot time.
The boot menu is presented by MS bootmgr and the code producing that menu and acting upon your response is 100% MS.
You might (or might not) have used EasyBCD to manipulate the contents of the BCD at some other time which will influence exactly what choices are presented to you, but EasyBCD's involvement ended when you closed it after adding or changing BCD entries.
The principal of "gigo" applies of course.
If you create an invalid entry with EasyBCD, then MS code can't cope, but that's not what you're describing.
If the menu selections sometimes work, then obviously they're fine, and the problem is with some combination of your BIOS, the OS and your hardware.
Your description of removing the (CMOS ?) battery sounds slight overkill.
Do you have a USB keyboard ? Is USB legacy support enabled in the BIOS ?

Hi Terry,
Thanks for your reply... Guess that i don't understand the function of EasyBCD ... however seems that there was a conflict with Macrium and Acronis boot entries
( enabling them allows for loading either program at boot time) i removed EasyBCD from all but one OS, and removed the Macrium and Acronis entries ... and for now "All is Well" Thanks hope this will help someone else. Regards Fred

Back