iReboot 2 .net JIT Debugger Error When Trying Reboot To Another System

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Once again I'm getting this. There has to be a simple solution....I hope. Win 7 Ult SP1 x64 trying to reboot to another of the same OS.

upload_2015-4-4_13-25-35.png

OK after a couple of reboots I've been able to repro the above twice out of 4 times. But now for some unknown reason my tower lighting board's controller software (AlienFX) is popping up at every boot telling me it's already running so something is trying to start it again after it has already started. Sigh. That means uninstalling that and reinstalling which is a huge rigmarole involving registry editing. Does iReboot have any hooks in other processes?

iReboot only interacts with the system via bcdedit, so I don't think it's responsible for your other issues.
However, you're not the only one with the error message in the first post - let me look into it further.

Thanks It seems to happen the second I select another system to boot into. I think the other thing was merely a coincidence.

Attached is the text of the Debug details. It means I have to simply restart in the normal manner instead of using iReboot 2.

Attachments

• JIT Debug.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
I believe I know what is causing this, it seems the connection between the server and taskbar client is timing out. Let me get back to you.

I have close to zero idea if this will take care of the problem or not as I'm not able to get it to happen on my PC, but can you give this build a try?

Thanks, Peter!

Attachments

• iReboot Setup.exe
    295.1 KB · Views: 13
LOL, thanks for trying. It works but didn't install cleanly. I uninstalled the old one although I realise I don't need to. Then installed this one and the second the installation completed an error popped up as in the attached picture. I reinstalled as Admin just in case that was it, but no the error popped up again and this time I got installutil.log posted on my desktop which I zipped and attach also. So apart from a disconcerting installation it seems to work OK.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • InstallUtil.zip
    317 bytes · Views: 0
That would seem to indicate iReboot.exe was still running when the new instance was started. Odd since the uninstall routine also kills running iReboot.exe instances.

Keep me posted if anything changes and the error comes back?

I think it happens when the computer is on but not yet logged in for an extended period of time? Do you have auto-login disabled?

Well, couldn't sleep so tried it in my spare Win 7 and in Win 8.1 (where I am now), both threw the same startup error and I noticed each time the application failed to start. It started OK from the Start/All Programs menu though. The logs attached if they help at all. Other than that initial hiccup it works fine.

Attachments

• iReboot2.x.zip
    658 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hold that thought......just when I assumed all was well, it threw the debug error when I tried to reboot from 8 to my main 7. So reinstalled it again, got the startup popup, started it from the Start menu and then it rebooted everything fine, same in my main Win 7.....don't ask me what the heck is going on, I haven't a clue...LOL

I've been going crazing trying to get this bug to reproduce on my machine, but to no avail - so I'm still going at this blind. That said, here's a new build trying a new approach based on what I think is happening (in theory). Good luck?

Back