iReboot not working in Windows 8 - icon won't stay is system notification tray

MGump

I installed iReboot in Windows 8 and Windows 7 on a machine that has both OS installed. On Windows 7, the system notification tray DOES have the iReboot icon and I can use it to reboot to either Windows 7 or 8. The iReboot icon shows up on the Windows 8 Start screen and is briefly (2-3 seconds) displayed in the system notification area but then disappears. Is there a way to use iReboot in Windows 8?

Do you have it set to always show in Windows 8? Cause if you have it set to only show for notifications it will be hidden and you will have to click the little arrow to get it to show up.

it also happens to me, and no, it's not hidden, it crashes.

Do you have it set to always show in Windows 8? Cause if you have it set to only show for notifications it will be hidden and you will have to click the little arrow to get it to show up.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling iReboot. I have it installed and fully operational on my Windows 8 install.

thanks, it worked

Try uninstalling and reinstalling iReboot. I have it installed and fully operational on my Windows 8 install.

Hi
I also had the problem that IReboot works on both my windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit partitions but NOT on my windows 8.
IReboot crashes on its startup.
I uninstalled it, then reinstalled as per your instructions and it now works fine. Weird.
Thanks

Back