iReboot Right Click Menu Keeps Disappearing

covo

Apologies if this is a problem which has already been discussed and solved but I've tried a few searches and couldn't find anything along those lines.....................

I have been running iReboot 1.1.1 for ages now (well over a year) and whilst I love it, it frequently annoys me by not responding to me right clicking on the icon in the system tray. I run Win 7 64 bit on two drives, one on a 1TB drive and the other on a separate 2TB drive. Each drive has two partitions, one for the Win 7 OS and one for data etc.. The 1TB drive is my main drive and the 2TB has some backups of the 1TB plus is just a fallback should anything go wrong with the 1TB. I'll often go weeks or even a month or more without booting to the 2TB drive so the 1TB is my default with only 5 secs for me to choose the 2TB if required.

Lately I've been doing a lot more cross booting, changing from Win 7 64 bit on one drive to Win 7 64 on the other and have become frustrated by nothing happening when I right click on the iReboot tray icon. If I kill it using Task Manager then relaunch it it invariably (always??) makes no difference. If I completely uninstall using Control Panel and then reinstall it works for a while but sooner or later reverts to not working again.

I upgraded to Easy BCD 2.2 yesterday in the hope something there would rectify the problem, but it hasn’t. I’ve also run Easy BCD repair but that didn’t seem to help. It’s probably something dumb I’ve done or am doing but it’s very frustrating, so would greatly appreciate some advice from more experienced users please.

Thanks,
Gary

Can you provide the detailed mode from EasyBCD?

The right click menu disappears if the iReboot service isn't running or can't connect to the taskbar client. Do you have a 3rd party firewall installed?

Can you provide the detailed mode from EasyBCD?

The right click menu disappears if the iReboot service isn't running or can't connect to the taskbar client. Do you have a 3rd party firewall installed?

Thanks for your reply Computer Guru. Hopefully I've managed to attach my Easy BCD detailed output.

I'm also running Norton 360's Smart Firewall.

PS It wouldn't accept my .jpg file (which was perfectly valid) so I've inserted into a Word file.

Attachments

• Easy BCD detailed output.docx
    128.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello covo,

Please try disabling the Norton firewall to see if it makes a difference.
Also, if you use winkey+r and type in "services.msc" <enter> - search for the iReboot service and check if it is running?

Back