ISO File Editor - Anyone Recommend Good (Free?) One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that. Several of the stored ISO's on my external drive have no gaps in their titles.

Tried that. Several of the stored ISO's on my external drive have no gaps in their titles.
Not just in the names of the .iso files. You need to make sure the path they are located in contains no spaces. :wink: i.e. so if say your external drive had the F: letter, make sure the path to the .iso file isn't something like:

F:\random folder name\randomfilename.iso
where "random folder name" is of course replaced with the actual name of the folder, which has spaces.

Last edited:
Ok, so two conclusions here:

1) AVS doesn't know what they're doing and released a product that doesn't work
2) The leaked build .iso is bad or your download of it was bad.

I doubt ImgBurn is at fault, especially if all you used was the create iso from disc feature.

In playing around with the program, I discovered that while some .iso files I have will load, others wont, so it seems to be very specific in which type of .iso files it can load. For instance, I have one I created with nLite, and that one loads just fine, but then I have one created with a Makedisk.exe utility for BootIT NG, and it doesn't load. I also tried one created by PEBuilder, and that one loads just fine.

How many different ISO files have you tried? Try one created by a different progam and see if it works.

Addendum:

Ok, so two conclusions here:

1) AVS doesn't know what they're doing and released a product that doesn't work
2) The leaked build .iso is bad or your download of it was bad.

I doubt ImgBurn is at fault, especially if all you used was the create iso from disc feature.
Not much coming from you today besides negativity, I see, Justin...:brows: Stop sending all those negative waves! (expression borrowed from a Clint Eastwood movie)

Last edited:
Well if you don't get it working you only got 5 more days :smile:

Any specific reason why you need to get the latest build before its offically released?

Well if you don't get it working you only got 5 more days :smile:

Any specific reason why you need to get the latest build before its offically released?

The only reason I downloaded it was to do a rehearsal. I had no intention of using it. The iso files were created using both ImgBurn and ISO Recorder so it's AVS at fault. I have a feeling it prefers ISO's that it has created.
I'll actively pursue a refund.

Addendum:

Sorry my brain isn't functioning today, got a really bad head cold. It just dawned on me what you meant by 5 days, or at least I hope this is it...you meant until Win 7 RC is released?

Yes, hopefully to Technet Plus on or about then. I'll just use 7-Zip and forget about all these other applications.

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you talking to me...? 5 more days for what? The iso files were created using both ImgBurn and ISO Recorder so it's AVS at fault. I have a feeling it preferes ISO's that it has created.
I'll actively pursue a refund.
Well, I originally suggested using the free 2.1 version, so don't blame me...:tongueout:
Sorry you got gypped though. But you're probably right in that it prefers ISOs it creates itself.
Anyway, I was only offering this program as a suggestion. I had no prior experience with it since before yesterday, and only found it after doing a Google search. Then I decided to download it and try it out (that is, the free 2.1 version). Yet it is a bit of a disappointment though, seeing as the main thing we want from it (i.e. the capability of editing ISO files) seems to only work with certain ISO files. I believe that it is the only free Windows program you will find out there that does this kind of thing though. The program Justin suggested earlier is for Linux.

Yes, it's a bit of a bummer. Their refund policy isn't that clear but it looks like they will offer one if they can't fix the problem. The last line is interesting though...something about "unless you reverse the payment", I guess that means refusing the credit card charge. Then they go on about how you'll be banned forever and a day from ever using their products etc.....!!

Obviously they don't have the 30-day satisfaction or a refund type of law that we have here in Canada. I have no idea where they actually are.

Found an obscure post on their forums from last year stating categorically that their software only works with images created by their software.

I left a comment about it being a good idea to put that information on their product pages perhaps.

If I don't get a good reply I guess I will be instructing the bank to refuse the credit card charge.

Not your fault - I should have researched some more.

Last edited:
All's well that ends well...

Hello Peter,

Please accept our apologies for not replying earlier!
Unfortunately, only ISO created by Disc Creator can be edited using this program. This is due to specification of such files.

Please follow this link to learn more on our 30 days moneyback guarantee:
http://www.avs4you.com/moneyback.aspx

Best regards

All i know the ISO file editor like the Ultimate ISO Maker is popular in Asia. but I haven't used it before ,it was told to me by Google .
For more , i can ask my teacher (A computer expert guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back