Joshua9000

Hi to all.

I have screwed up big time, I recently purchased Windows 7, as I have been using Windows pro for many years I decided to install Windows 7 on a new 500gig drive and dual boot.

Everything went fine until in windows 7, I selected XP as my default, when I went into XP Pro, I was unable to get back into windows 7, either through windows or at boot up.

So I installed easybcd still no joy at getting into win 7 from boot manager, I had no control over the keys, so I selected let me select operating system from Easybcd.

(What a mistake to make) I cannot get into my drives at all now, the boot manager keeps displaying regardless of the boot options I select (ie DVD, USB etc)

and where it used to give a count of 30seconds before accessing XP Pro (earlier operating system) it now states (seconds to earlier operating system and no countdown.
The floppy is disabled by easybcd, so I am unable to use a floppy to reboot and amend my selection in easybcd, also the F8 key does not respond.

Answers on a postcard please LOL! I have tried booting from win 7 (no good) I have tried booting just using the XP Operating system no good.

I have tried removing the Xp operating system to an external drive and using another computer. It is at this point I am stuck. I can access the the easybcd Menu.txt

it shows floppy disabled, is there anyway of enabling this please. I thought I was reasonably competent (obviously I ain't)

Thank you Joshua

Update

In my best Clouseau accent The Problem is Solv ed. You have to make allowances its my age you know.

The basic solutions are always the best !!!

The reason I was unable to boot into the system or get into F8 was, wait for it!!!

MY Keyboard (a microsoft Razer USB) The keyword is USB, I plugged in my old faithful Microsoft Elite (PS2) and viola.

Before people start abusing me and calling me a silly old &*(^%$ I would point out that in excess of 50 people have viewed my thread and no one had come up with a solution.

Thank you

Joshua

Definition of an expert !! An Ex is a has been and a drip is a spurt under pressure ( I include myself in this definition)

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspector Clouseau, you did it.

:wink:

Before people start abusing me and calling me a silly old &*(^%$ I would point out that in excess of 50 people have viewed my thread and no one had come up with a solution.

We've all been there, done that and have the T-Shirt to prove it. In my case, several hundred of them.

Thank you kind Sir

I was beginning to think I was being Paranoid, I am retired mechanic, although i did work with computers for 10years mostly SCSi devices.

regards

Joshua

Well, SCSI is about the most complicated PC hardware, so if you've done that I think it's safe to say you won't have an unduly hard time with anything else :smile:

Back