Just seen these

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Last edited:
Yeah, you're lucky - a lot of people are having issues with Gutsy - I think there was a whole post on Slashdot (where people worship Linux! :lol:smile: about it and stuff, but it's still a good OS :smile:

About the PSOD - I've experienced it twice on RTM. Don't have any proof, but it was when I was messing around with my ATi drivers trying to get them to do something they weren't wanting to do.

Gutsy is okay, but totally made me hate it whit that internet problem. Other thing I totally couldn't get to work is resolution for widescreen, in resolution menu there are now bigger resolutions then 1024x768, and when I saw it, me all happy was looking for my resolution, and found it! Clicking on 1440x900 and button apply broth me one part of a screen black, and another in "normal" 4:3 format :frowning:

I must be one of the lucky few for a change. Cause my experience with Gutsy has been nothing but great. It is cause of this experience that i have stayed with Ubuntu and stayed away from Windows. Been days since i seen my Vista SP1 desktop.

On another note. Kudos to you Guru. Jsut been thru the wiki and i see some of the changes i suggested are done. The main page has the link to the different Operationg System right in the middle for easy selection. The XP Page has all the technical info for dual booting at the top so the people less likely to read can just get on with it the info is there. Great work.

Thanks Mak!
I was actually looking for the thread we were discussing this topic in so I could post an update, but I never did find it :lol:

Hey Guru, do you get a flu there where you live? I got it I think :glare:

(Sorry for the offtopic, but hey, this is water cooler :tongueout:)

Yeah, I had it week before last :smile:

I think the Flu is one of those things that happens no matter where you are... even if you're holded up in Antarctica somewhere :lol:

Oh damn, no escape >.< I'll survive...

Do you guys know what a programmer screams when drowning in deep water?

I must be one of the lucky few for a change. Cause my experience with Gutsy has been nothing but great. It is cause of this experience that i have stayed with Ubuntu and stayed away from Windows. Been days since i seen my Vista SP1 desktop.

On another note. Kudos to you Guru. Jsut been thru the wiki and i see some of the changes i suggested are done. The main page has the link to the different Operationg System right in the middle for easy selection. The XP Page has all the technical info for dual booting at the top so the people less likely to read can just get on with it the info is there. Great work.

I've reformatted the XP page a bit more: Windows XP - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Basically, I split-off the Boot.ini info to its own page (Rebuilding Boot.ini - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki) and condensed the parts about the XP boot process so it doesn't seem like such a long read any more.

I'm not sure if I had previously mentioned it, but the Linux page (Linux - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki) also has links up at the top for distro-specific guides; so people can skip right to the pictorial action if that's what they want.

As always, I'm open to all suggestions :smile:

The Wiki is looking a lot better and is really easy to navigate now. I have been able to find every so much easier or the Support when needed. Great job Guru.

Back