Lenovo Thinkcenter M82 Tower Business computer with SSD & HDD drives with recent Windows 10 Pro problems...

whiteheater

It started a few days ago suddenly. First I noticed the Search on the taskbar wasn't working; Then I noticed that when I right clicked on start and checked the list of computer items, some did not open while others did. Event Viewer, Device Manager, Disk management, Computer Management, and Search all fail to work. I thought maybe a System Restore might work but I couldn't open it the usual way and when I finally found a way to get to it, it wouldn't accept my password although I used the correct one. Snipping Tool opened to a small white box shape with a red X meaning it wasn't working though I got snip and search working now. I looked up fixes online and tried some of them (some using the command prompt with administrator and powershell) but they didn't fix the problems. Any suggestions? (Note my C drive is a Kingfast IDE OS SSD drive and the D Drive is a Hitachi HDD Drive with 2 TB). I don't have any problems downloading anything, pictures, music and videos work as they should. All the problems seem to be Windows related. I do keep updating it regularly. The system is Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

Last edited:
Even regedit isn't working nor can I open safe mode. Fixed the problem by doing a reset of Windows while keeping all my pictures, music, videos and files. Now all is working welll. I did notice that I was updated to Windows10 22H2 and I have 2 new items on my taskbar: the weather temperature outside and "news and interests"..

Yes 22H2 introd some new features I believe. So is it working now OK after the rese & subsequent update?

Back