LightScribe Driver Problems:Fixed

BarryBGB

I bought a HP DVD740i/b months ago but just now tried to use the lightscribe feature. All else is fine.
I tried 3-4 different software packages and none of them saw my drive. HP said my drive was defective and to return it.Nah, too old, lost receipt, lazy, need quick fix, etc.
So.... I did what anyone would do. I bought a new one, this time a BenQ LS DW1655. Installed it, and GRRRRR...Same thing :rage: :rage: No help from HP or BenQ.
After hitting several Forums I found out that many others were having this same problem. I did everything that was suggested and still no LightScribe drives detected. (Now I have 2) :unamused:

The Fix: Finally, after several emails to support at Lightscribe.com, I finally got the fix. From a very informative person there named Taylor Thurman who in his last email attached an uninstall program for the driver. The program expires in October so I had visions of it self destructing next month. :crazy:
The program is only valid for the current or previous versions of the driver, not the one to be released next month. So, anyone who has this problem, I strongly suggest to contact the support at LightScribe.com.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Thanks for the info barry, I'm sure it will be very helpful to some of our members here!