Limited 1-Year Free Technet Plus Membership

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Technet Plus is offering for a limited time free 1-year membership (normally $349+) to the following countries:
US - https://om2.one.microsoft.com/offer/technet_na.aspx
UK - https://om2.one.microsoft.com/offer/technet_emea.aspx
Canada - https://om2.one.microsoft.com/offer/technet_can.aspx

You will need to give an address in that country after signing in with a Windows Live ID.

Terms are to be strictly observed. The downloads and keys are for personal use only but you can install them on all your machines. You must not distribute them or otherwise make them available to others.

Just about everything that Microsoft has ever put out is there, from MS-DOS through Windows 3 to Windows 7, including Vista SP2 integrated DVD, Windows 7 RC etc. etc. also many utilities and applications are available, Office (all flavours), Windows Virtual PC etc.

I think the servers are really busy, should pass. Why am I suddenly getting ads at the top while typing this? Something new?

I'm wondering if they pulled it already, although I get the appropriate link if I try. (I'm already a member and have been for a while).

Re: Ads. no they just suddenly appeared on this forum, for no apparent reason and my IE8 pop-up blockers are on. Maybe I never noticed them before...???!!! (Quite possible knowing me..LOL).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2
They've been on and off as CG or the ad providers perfer. Its to help keep it running. If you read over my "Block Annoying Ads" thread in the Water Cooler you'll see how to block them. I havent had much if any ads at all since.

Thanks. Well I don't blame CG for wanting to raise money any way he can to keep this going, he certainly deserves it.
I'm answering this time from my Windows 7 boot and now see no ads...go figure...!!

I think it's still OK. I apologise if the offer is no longer applicable. I should have posted this last night, but I was so tired I never got around to it.

I got all the info from Seven Forums.

I have something in mind with regards to the ads... will let you know as soon as I have the time :smile:

The link 404s now, so I guess the offer is filled.

Sorry Terry, I guess I wasn't speedy enough posting.

Computer Guru said:
I have something in mind with regards to the ads... will let you know as soon as I have the time :smile:

Don't worry about it Mahmoud. For some unknown reason it stopped as soon as it started.

When I clicked the US link in your first post in this thread, Peter, I came to a page that said

Server Error in '/offer' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /offer/technet_na.aspx[/FONT]

So I guess the offer is already gone? :frowning:

It certainly looks like that is the case, sorry about that. I knew that it was a time limited thing but not sure how long.

Apparently this was only meant for a limited audience...gleaned this from Seven Forums:

"UPDATE (06/04/2009 7:50 PM EST): I have been in touch with Microsoft TechNet Customer Service once again and was provided some updated information. At this point, management are still deciding whether or not any of the product keys claimed through these subscriptions will be blacklisted, as well as any legal implications and ramifications there may be in this event; the rest of the above information has not changed (this offer was only for ITAC, and that the subscriptions have been revoked).

When I asked them what would happen if someone were to share or otherwise sell the product keys obtained, the agent informed me that it would be handled appropriately as they would with any other product key"

Back