Linux and Windows

SniperX1

I have a double boot windows system. At the end I put a Linux system. Copy linux distribution. Then start Easy BCD 2.4 and add Linux.
Grub or Grub 2. Automatic or manual. Does not work. Only shows Linux rescue screen.
Some say this does not work.
Is it possible or not ??

Obviously nobody tested this and used Easy BCD to start a copy of Linux just copied behind a windows installation !
But EB says it can start this !

I did not install Linux to a windows system as million others I copied a complete Linux at the end of a windows system ! But with Easy BCD it does not start though they say it should !So now I used Grub2 for Windows additionaly and "put there Linux in" the root partition and now it works !
So now I have a 5 fold Boot System 2 x 7 1 x 8.1 1 x 10 and 1 x Linux ! Grub 2 for Windows was found by Easy BCD and Grub 2 for Windows can start Linux !
So when I chose this I see some "DOS" windows running and then Linux starts ! So you can copy a Linux distribution to a HDD or SSD and can start it that way !

Is your PC UEFI ?

No. MBR. Why ?? I tried every possibility of EBCD but did not work. Only with Grub 2 for Windows see above. Although it should work ??
Add. I have defect MBRs sometimes of SSD which did not happen on HDDs in notebook. But this is another obscure problem.
UEFI is more save against defects than MBR.
By the way: EBCD BIOS Extender PLoP: Can this really start an OS from extern USB HDD or SSD or media ??

No. MBR. Why ?? I tried every possibility of EBCD but did not work. Only with Grub 2 for Windows see above. Although it should work ??
Add. I have defect MBRs sometimes of SSD which did not happen on HDDs in notebook. But this is another obscure problem.
UEFI is more save against defects than MBR.
By the way: EBCD BIOS Extender PLoP: Can this really start an OS from extern USB HDD or SSD or media ??
Any update?

Setting up a dual-boot system with Windows and Linux can be a bit tricky. Ensure you've installed Linux in the same mode as your Windows system (UEFI or Legacy). Double-check your bootloader configurations.

Setting up a dual-boot system with Windows and Linux can be a bit tricky. Ensure you've installed Linux in the same mode as your Windows system (UEFI or Legacy). Double-check your bootloader configurations.
Funny guy ! See #4 ! I even did not install Linux, I only copied a linux at the end of 4 x windows boot system and then tried to start it by EBCD. Which does not work ! But with Grub 3 for Windows it works.
Grub 2 or Neo Grub in EBCD do not work though e.g. in Grub 2 you can chose linux root to start or find automatically.

Funny guy ! See #4 ! I even did not install Linux, I only copied a linux at the end of 4 x windows boot system and then tried to start it by EBCD. Which does not work ! But with Grub 3 for Windows it works.
Grub 2 or Neo Grub in EBCD do not work though e.g. in Grub 2 you can chose linux root to start or find automatically.
Ok, thanks.

Grub2 for Windows. Or Grub2win.

Why Easy BCD with his intern possibilities and Neo Grub does not work in situation I dont know.
Perhaps it does but I do not know how if not automatically.

I have a double boot windows system. At the end I put a Linux system. Copy linux distribution. Then start Easy BCD 2.4 and add Linux.
Grub or Grub 2. Automatic or manual. Does not work. Only shows Linux rescue screen.
Some say this does not work.
Is it possible or not ??
Yes, it is possible to have a dual-boot Windows and Linux system using EasyBCD 2.4 to add Linux to the boot menu. However, the success of adding Linux to the boot menu depends on various factors, such as the specific Linux distribution and the system's configuration.
If you are experiencing issues where only the Linux rescue screen is shown and Grub or Grub 2 is not working correctly, it could indicate a problem with the boot configuration or compatibility between the bootloaders. In such cases, troubleshoot the configuration or try alternative methods to add Linux to the boot menu.
It's worth noting that configuring dual-boot systems can be complex, and compatibility issues can arise. It's recommended to consult the documentation or support resources specific to your Linux distribution and the EasyBCD tool to ensure proper configuration and troubleshooting steps.

Configuring a dual-boot system with EasyBCD and Linux may encounter issues; it's recommended to use GRUB for seamless integration, as some users have reported difficulties with EasyBCD in this setup.

Back