Linux changed. Need to wipe that Grub entry.

tux.

On one of my machines, I use dual-boot Linux / Windows 7. I used EasyBCD ("GRUB2") to add my previous Linux installation (Linux Mint Debian Edition) to the Windows bootloader which worked fine. Mint's grub was installed to /dev/sda2 or whatever its partition was.

Now I changed the distribution on that machine, from LMDE to Fedora Core. I made the mistake to install grub to /dev/sda this time, so things were wrecked up. I decided to go for the default Windows boot loader (for now), so Fedora's grub is not existing anymore. While considering to use EasyBCD to solve that problem, I noticed that it still has old LMDE's grub: When I add a new GRUB2 entry, it is labeled "Linux Mint Debian Edition". Obviously, old Mint's grub (different from Fedora's grub) still resides on some partition.

How can I delete it?

Yep, you misunderstood it. Let me rephrase it:
Somewhere on some no longer referenced partition resides a GRUB. EasyBCD still knows it. How to remove it?

What do you mean by "EasyBCD still knows it?"

If all you're worried about is EasyBCD linking to GRUB, then those are indeed the instructions you need to follow.

There is a GRUB left over from a Linux installation that does not exist anymore. EasyBCD "knows it", so there must be a way to find and delete it, right?

Back