Linux Freespire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

Distinguished Member
Hello,

I had Windows xp and Linux Mandrake and everything was perfect, but when i installed Linux Freespire over Linux Mandrake and wanted to boot into Windows Freespire says: "Boot loader not found, press ctrl+alt+del to restart".

Then I've installed Linux Mandrake over Freespire and when i try to boot into Windows - It's working! So, the problem is in freespire. Because i like Freespire, is there any way to make him allow boot of Windows to work?

My best guess is if I can make boot disc, and boot into Windows over it, but im not sure is it ganna work that way...

I have an idea... what if I install Freespire, and when it says Windows boot loader not found I insert Windows disc and form the recovery console enter "fixboot", that would maybe fix Windows boot loader, and maybe not.

It would fix Windows, but it wouldn't do anything for Freespire. You won't be able to boot into that without configuring GRUB or another bootloader.

It sounds like mission impossible... After all I think that Freespire is good OS for Laptops... but I'm moving to Linux Kubuntu now, because i failed to configure Wireless network on Freespire and Kubuntu have very easy Wireless network configuration tool.

Freespire Linux 6.0 is a solid performer. I have not used the MATE desktop in quite a few years, but checking it out for this review instantly returned me to simpler days of using the Linux OS . I was a dedicated fan of the GNOME 2 desktop years ago and followed along with MATE rather than put up with the unsettling changes in the early releases of GNOME 3.
I like the simple approach Freespire brings to using Linux, and I’m anticipating the release of the KDE version. Check back in upcoming weeks for an update when the KDE version of Freespire 6.0 is available.

Freespire Linux 6.0 is a solid performer. I have not used the MATE desktop in quite a few years, but checking it out for this review instantly returned me to simpler days of using the Linux OS . I was a dedicated fan of the GNOME 2 desktop years ago and followed along with MATE rather than put up with the unsettling changes in the early releases of GNOME 3.
I like the simple approach Freespire brings to using Linux, and I’m anticipating the release of the KDE version. Check back in upcoming weeks for an update when the KDE version of Freespire 6.0 is available.
I like the simple approach Freespire brings to using Linux, and I’m anticipating the release of the KDE version. Check back in upcoming weeks for an update when the KDE version of Freespire 6.0 is available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back