main OS crashed on multiboot system

robmar0se

Some advice please.

I have three OS using different SSD/HDD. My main one was Win 7 on a 480gb Sandisk SSD. I was using easybsc 1.7.2, pretty sure the bootloader was on this SSD.

Bootloader at start up still working, win 7 just keeps on trying to restart what ever I try, so probably needs to be reloaded from scratch at some point. At the moment I am using easybcd boot menu to boot from Win 10 without issues. I have also just installed easybcd 2.4.

My SSD shows no errors on CHKDSK further CrystalDisk says the disk is okay.

My questions are two fold. If I remove win 7 totally from easybcd, then (i) if I try Bootrec to try and repair MBR/boot and then rebuild easy bcd,, if that doesn't work, (ii) reformat the win 7 partition, reinstall win 7, then update easybcd.

Any comments, my concern is that as the bootloader is on the ssd thats has a problem, by doing the above just want advice as to whether my plan will work - just don't want to lose my current boot in win 10.

Many thanks.

Thank you cscs for taking the trouble to give a suggestion.

However as stated easyBCD has already been loaded on Win10,

Before making this worse, I would prefer some advice on whether the suggestions I originally suggested would work or whether there is a a better option. In the meanwhile I have transferred the bootloader to the win 10 disk. and amended BIOS

Please post a screenshot of your Disk Management and the contents of EasyBCD "view settings" (detailed mode)

Back