McAfee quarantined my Easy USB Creator Lite download-contains Trojan?

BEB

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum category.

I just tried (twice) to download the Easy USB Creator Lite from your website. McAfee quarantined the download stating it contained Artemis!AEE8DFF3B63 trojan and immediately removed it from my Downloads folder. Yikes. Attached copy of McAfee quarantine. Do you think this is a false positive?

I am running Windows 10. Previously I had bought the Windows 8 Easy RE tool and used an older version of Easy USB Creator to create a bootable USB. I had no problem then. But now McAfee has quarantined the latest version of Easy USB Creator Lite.

I appreciate you insights into this issue.

Attachments

• McAfeeQuarantinedEasyUSBCreator.JPG
    McAfeeQuarantinedEasyUSBCreator.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks. I did the two things as suggested by your links above. I appreciate the information on McAfee's "Artemis" designation. I hope NeoSmart will also send them a notice.
Thanks again.

I have submitted the false positive to the main there AVs that are flagging it (McAfee, Symantec/Norton, and Avira).

For future reference, anyone wishing to report a false positive for Easy USB Creator may use this text:

Easy USB Creator is a legitimate tool for converting ISO images to a bootable USB. It is a self-extracting NSIS archive that launches the exe to act as a standalone, installer-free download. Some of the files are packed using mpress or upx, and it is digitally signed by NeoSmart Technologies, who have been publishing malware- and adware-free system utilities since 2004. It is available for free download from https://neosmart.net/UsbCreator/

Here is the VirusTotal listing for the latest version of Easy USB Creator: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...ea71ea77be40026f78cc13f0/analysis/1440463127/

Looks like the issue has been resolved. I just went to NeoSmart website and I was able to successfully download Easy USB Creator. McAfee allowed it (and I re-scanned it a couple of more times just to make sure) and I also scanned the download file with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and my download came up clean so all is well now. Looks like the issue has been solved. I appreciate all the helpful advice.

Back