Messed up big time...

It happened. I thought I had everything right until I rebooted. I have a HP laptop with, Win 8.1 (sucks bad) and Linux Mint 16. Before I started I made a backup of my boot setup. I thought. I backed it up, but when I went to look for it wasn't there. That was then and now is now. Like a fool I wrote the MBR. Long story short. It took me to somewhere that it wanted me to put the system disk for Windows. I don't have one. Luckily HP has a way to boot to another place on the drive. Through Mint, I can see the Windows partitions. I can't boot Windows at all. Is there some way I can set it up right through my Mint side to get Windows back?
Thanks

If the Recovery Essentials will do it. I'm on my way. With the problem that I it work?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

If the Recovery Essentials will do it. I'm on my way. With the problem that I it work?
Thanks
Never mind. I got it and hope it works.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

That didn't work. Says there's only one partition. Also when I rebooted, it said the file causing the problem is bcd. So, I had to run the factory restore. Like I say Win 8.1 sucks. It's a brand new laptop, so I didn't lose that much other than time and the twenty bucks for the Essentials.
Thanks

Thank you! I was up until 2:00am this morning restoring my drive. Looking at it through Gparted both ext4's and swap are still there. I see the (yellowed) data is still in each partition too but not showing. /dev/sda6, /dev/sda7 and /dev/sda8-linux-swap. Do you think I could start the install of Mint and point to the partitions and bring it back, or delete them? I thought doing a factory restore it would format the whole drive.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

PS I did see the refund in my email.
Thank you again.

Back