metro boot menu does not display

shmu26

I have dual boot:
1 windows 10 pro x64
2 macrium reflect recovery

when I disable metro boot menu, it works perfectly.
but when I enable it, I don't see the menu when booting. It just waits the pre-determined number of seconds, and then boots to the default OS.

yes.
I can't say it is the fault of easybcd, because the problem was there before. but still, I would like to solve it.
every once in a while I will see the windows boot menu -- even if it is set to use the bcd menu.

Macrium and Paragon are both known for making shoddy BCD entries that don't play well with the "new" Windows bootloader, unfortunately. It's possible that's the problem.
Does the menu show if you add any other entry in EasyBCD?

thanks, that fixed it.
I added another windows entry, and the native windows boot menu now shows, even after I deleted the extra entry.

This windows boot menu gives an option at the bottom for additional functions -- one of which leads into safe mode. This is very helpful, because in windows 8 and 10, it is quite difficult to boot into safe mode, unless you can first log in to your user account. That is pretty limiting.
If you know another way to boot into safe mode without opening a command prompt and typing in a hard-to-remember command, please let me know.

Last edited:
Sure, EasyBCD can create a safe mode entry that would be accessible from the Metro menu directly. Just create a second Windows entry in EasyBCD, and configure it from the Advanced Settings page to boot directly into Safe Mode (and name it accordingly so you don't get mixed-up!).

Back