Microsoft MVP

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well it is official. Yesterday i got my email about this.

Dear Makaveli213,

Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2007 Microsoft® MVP Award!

The Microsoft MVP Award is our way of saying thank you and to honor and support the significant contributions you make to communities worldwide. As a recipient of Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional award, you join an elite group of technical community leaders from around the world who foster the free and objective exchange of knowledge by actively sharing your real world expertise with users and Microsoft. Microsoft salutes all MVPs for promoting the spirit of community and enhancing people’s lives and the industry’s success everyday. To learn more about the MVP Program, visit: www.microsoft.com/mvp.

Your extraordinary efforts in Windows - Shell/User technical communities during the past year are greatly appreciated. The benefits you will enjoy as a recipient of the MVP Award are outlined below.

YOUR MVP AWARD BENEFITS
The MVP Award offers an array of benefits that help you connect with other MVPs and Microsoft, enhance your technical skills, and stay abreast of the latest product developments.

Enjoy Special Resources
• Your MVP Lead is your direct connection with Microsoft. As your primary point of contact, your MVP Lead will keep you aware of product news and MVP activities. Your MVP Lead is Brian Boston.
• Get MVP program updates and meet and collaborate with other MVPs easily on the MVP Members Site.
Enhance Your Technical Expertise
• Every MVP will receive a one-year subscription to a Microsoft online service of your choice – MSDN or TechNet!
Expand Your Network
• You will have opportunities to build relationships with other MVPs and with Microsoft product teams through a variety of MVP special activities including the MVP Global Summit and local events.
Celebrate Your Achievements
• Your printed MVP Certificate of Appreciation is your personal recognition from Microsoft. This certificate is Microsoft’s acknowledgement of your exceptional technical expertise and voluntary contributions to technical communities and carries with it Microsoft’s gratitude for the time and effort you have personally given to technical communities.
• Enjoy your MVP Annual Gift and $150USD Microsoft Company Store voucher

This is sweet but odd all at the same time. I know of plenty of people who have done just as much as me if not more and yet they dont get anything. Yet here i am with a new MSDN subscription for this.

I will have to finish checking out all the new benefits and that i got soon.

Well done, that's quite an achievement! So we'll expect you to sort out the entire world's problems now, just kidding.

Isn't technet a mini-MSDN?
So why would anyone choose TechNet over it? Unless it's not the MSDN Premium subscription you get?

From what i have gathered TechNet is just a mini-MSDN. I choose the MSDN. I have the physical media on the way. I should have it in 4-6weeks.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I did put in a lot of work last year for M$. With the Vista, Office, Live Messenger, among other applications and doing all the online support for them. Let alone the fact i wasnt in the Vista testing. :unamused:

It is nice to be appreciated to be noticed by them for stuff like this. Just wonder why they dont notice others like CG who built EasyBCD which is a far greater accomplishment than anything i have done.

Naw, EasyBCD is just a program - they come and go.
Anyway, it's probably something to do with politics, or something.
You on the other hand, you visit every single forum and newsgroup to provide one-on-one support.. I stay here in the NST corner of the web :smile:

Whatever, I do this because I love it, and I love to help people out.

(LOL, when will you stop spelling it M$??? I guess you'll have to now :tongueout:)

Plus, there's always next year :smile: Maybe I'll get lucky on an even-numbered year or something.

(Maybe if they make a BCD MVP??)

Back