Miltiple Boot Win XP 32/64 & Win 7 32/64

I'd like to set up a machine with 4 system partitions for Win XP 32-bit, Win XP 64-bit, Win 7 32-bit and Win 7 64 bit, and a data partition. If possible, in each OS I would like the system to be C: and the data to be D: with all othe partitions hidden. Is this possible, and if so what is the best order to do the installation?

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well you would have to install each OS from the media. That should pretty much guarantee that they are all C:\ drives. At least in my experience. But as far as the hidden part, the only way I know of that is using Hide n Seek but that project has been operational for a bit. You could just unassign any drive letters but that wont hide the drive. Plus you must use Primary partitions for Windows. So the data partition would have to be a lgical drive.

You usually install the oldest operating system first so, XP, XP x64, 7-32, 7-64 would by the order I would use. You said you wanted a D:\ data drive - one drive common to all four operating systems or a D:\ drive for each operating system? The first would require five partitions, the second eight; so which is it? I would recommend you create all of the partitions prior to installing any of the operating systems and format all as NTFS. The above comment about primary partitions is incorrect; I have a 1Tb drive divided into four partitions - one primary with XP Pro, and three logical on the extended partition with XP Pro x64, Win7 32 and Win7 64. No drives/partitions are hidden so I can't provide and answer for that option.