[Minimal BASH-like line editing error... while dual booting windows8 and linux mint14

tsea

hello friends , i have successfully installed linux mint 14 on my laptop alongwith windows 8(already installed and working). i referred to the article posted here:
LinuxBSDos.comDual-boot Mint 13 MATE/Cinnamon and Windows 8 on UEFI hardware - LinuxBSDos.com
and installed GRUB on separate space,i.e not replacing window's MBR. after succefull installation it restarted and boot into windows 8. there, as given in article, i used EASYBCD and added an entry for GRUB in windows boot menu. i selected grub2 as a type of grub. what other things i did there are, i selected linux mint as my default os, and also gave it first preference by using 'up' key, and shifting mint upper in position than windows 8(actually i don't know what it really does, and also suspect this step for all problems that later appeared).now when i started the system, i first got option to select my os, but both choices were: linux mint 14(cinnamon) and whatever i select, i get following error:
GRUB4DOS 0.4.5b 2011-11-27, Mem:625k/2929M/0M,End:35560D
[Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported for the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename]
grub> _

and then underscore keeps blinking. also while installing linux mint, i installed GRUB in /boot drive(which i gave 300MB space and don't know where EASYBCD make system to look for GRUB by default).i don't know where the problem has occured but i suspect system is only looking for GRUB(and might be at wrong place) and lost access to MBR. please help me friends. have found a lot of posts on above type of error but all of them have different causes. waiting for your replies. and thanks in advance.

Back