Missing SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadnic

Hi everyone. Something strange happened. I tried repairing my SSD after a crash using diskpart from windows recovery. List disk and list vol showed everything fine. I could even go into the partitions and look around. I proceeded to run some commands to rebuild my MBR and when I rebooted, It was worse! All I could get is the page with the error code: 0xc000000e and was no longer able to get into WinRE. So I made a recovery USB and booted from it. Going back into the command prompt and diskpart, my SSD no longer existed! No disk at all! No volumes at all! It doesn't even show up trying to reinstall windows! Please help. I am going out of my mind at this point. I don't see how I could have damaged the hardware by doing anything in diskpart. Thank you in advance.

Hello, maybe the disk has already broken down, but maybe you do not read it, you need to enter the bios and there should be a disk, if it detects it, it is good, if not, then you have to buy a new one

Download MiniBoot partition manager Boot ISO. Using Ventoy boot from a USB thumb drive. BTW before you can do anything the bios of your PC has to recognise the drive. If it does not show up there then it is fried and gone.

I have learned the lesson the hard way. I don't depend on any application by MS except basic OS. Not even their explorer. I have had a lot of issues with hexacore Intel i5 based system when for no reson at all the partitions on my WD USB SSD drives would simply disappear although the drive was shown.

Only application that could 100% reliably restore everything was "MiniTool Partition Wizard". It has never filed me.

I have used "diskpart" in the days when I used to rebuild the Windows XP installation ISO for a number of application to be installed by default. No more. With every version the CLI is getting worse. Now I use Explorer++ and TakeCommand

maybe you need to change to a new one.
In one of my Intel mobo based systems it turned out the problem was the bios. When I first built the system if I even plugged in the front panel USB 3 plug onto the onboard header the system would not even boot. It took more than a year and 3 bios updates before that was solved. I simply could not install Win10 on it. It would not only crash half way through the process but trash the HDD too. Out of desperation I switched to an Asus MOBO. Lo and behold. Problems disappeared. Windows 10 installed cleanly at first attempt. Np more HD crashes or lost / deleted partitions / wiped partition tables. So one never knows what the problem really can be.

Hi everyone. Something strange happened. I tried repairing my SSD after a crash using diskpart from windows recovery. List disk and list vol showed everything fine. I could even go into the partitions and look around. I proceeded to run some commands to rebuild my MBR and when I rebooted, It was worse! All I could get is the page with the error code: 0xc000000e and was no longer able to get into WinRE. So I made a recovery USB and booted from it. Going back into the command prompt and diskpart, my SSD no longer existed! No disk at all! No volumes at all! It doesn't even show up trying to reinstall windows! Please help. I am going out of my mind at this point. I don't see how I could have damaged the hardware by doing anything in diskpart. Thank you in advance.

Action and role-playing games: Free action and role-playing games on
mod apk android bring players on exciting adventures, with stunning graphics and diverse storylines.
Make sure your SSD is properly connected and recognized by the system BIOS. If that's not the problem, it's possible that the attempt to repair the MBR has caused unintended changes. You may want to consider seeking professional technical support to diagnose and potentially recover your data. Making hasty decisions can exacerbate the problem. 😀

You might want to carry the SSD and plug it into another PC's USB port through a USB to SATA adapter. Use a third party application to recover lost partitions / volumes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back