move bootmgr from RAID drive

According to the W7 Disk Manager my C drive is a 64GB SSD SATA2; it is Disk0 and it listed as the boot drive.
My R drive is actually a pair of WD SATA3 drives (1TB each) in a
RAID1 configuration; it is Disk1 and is listed as the System drive (not so cool).

According to EasyBCD 2.0.2 R is the boot drive - confusing.

Intel Rapid Storage says the SSD is working fine.

Marvell RAID says the RAID1 is working fine.

When 7 loaded it chose to put the Boot folder, bootmgr and bootsect.bak
On the RAID drive. It doesn’t cause A functional problem, but it does cause a practical one. I am using Acronis True Image 2011 to take images of the SSD in case something happens. However, the “image” isn’t so useful because it doesn’t get all the noogies it needs.

Under BCD Backup/Repair I see the Change boot drive action -not sure what is coming next if I "engage." Not sure what it will/won't do. Advice on steps to take would be appreciated.

Hi MoscowMoto,

Does EasyBCD say "Boot Drive: R" or "EasyBCD Boot Drive: R" ? There's a big difference in what it means for your setup!

Anyway, EasyBCD's "Change Boot Drive" will copy your existing BCD configuration to the selected disk, make that partition active and bootable, write the bootsector to the partition, and update the MBR. Then if you make that disk the primary disk in the BIOS (if needed), your system will use the selected partition for all booting tasks, and that partition will contain everything you need to boot.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

from EasyBCD:

There is one entry in the Windows bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 30 seconds
Boot Drive: R:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Does it matter that the existing boot files are on a RAID1 drive?

Back