henywalker
Member
Has anyone here handled a mailbox migration where the source and destination were completely different platforms?
I’m currently looking into options for moving email data between services such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, IMAP servers, Outlook/Hotmail, or even local PST/OST files. The main concern is not simply transferring messages, but keeping the mailbox organized after the move. Things like folders, attachments, message headers, calendars, contacts, and duplicate emails can make the process much more complicated than expected.
I came across the SysInfo Email Migration Tool while researching different approaches. What caught my attention was that it supports several source types instead of being limited to one particular email platform. It can work with PST/OST, IMAP/POP3, Microsoft 365, GoDaddy Office-based accounts, and Hotmail/Outlook. Depending on the source, different authentication methods are available, including OAuth 2.0, Client Secret, JSON, and P12-based authentication.
For a small mailbox, manually moving messages might be manageable. But when multiple accounts are involved, manually repeating the same process becomes difficult to track. Batch migration through CSV seems more practical for administrators who need to process several accounts together.
Another thing I would check before starting an email migration is whether the software provides useful filtering. Date range, item type, read/unread status, attachments, unwanted senders, and duplicate removal can be important when the destination should contain only selected data.
I’m also interested in how others handle reporting. Having a live task panel and completed migration reports could make it easier to identify skipped or failed items instead of discovering problems after everything is finished.
For larger projects, would you normally handle this internally, or use email migration services from a specialist? I’m particularly interested in experiences where folder structure and attachments had to remain intact.
I’m currently looking into options for moving email data between services such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, IMAP servers, Outlook/Hotmail, or even local PST/OST files. The main concern is not simply transferring messages, but keeping the mailbox organized after the move. Things like folders, attachments, message headers, calendars, contacts, and duplicate emails can make the process much more complicated than expected.
I came across the SysInfo Email Migration Tool while researching different approaches. What caught my attention was that it supports several source types instead of being limited to one particular email platform. It can work with PST/OST, IMAP/POP3, Microsoft 365, GoDaddy Office-based accounts, and Hotmail/Outlook. Depending on the source, different authentication methods are available, including OAuth 2.0, Client Secret, JSON, and P12-based authentication.
For a small mailbox, manually moving messages might be manageable. But when multiple accounts are involved, manually repeating the same process becomes difficult to track. Batch migration through CSV seems more practical for administrators who need to process several accounts together.
Another thing I would check before starting an email migration is whether the software provides useful filtering. Date range, item type, read/unread status, attachments, unwanted senders, and duplicate removal can be important when the destination should contain only selected data.
I’m also interested in how others handle reporting. Having a live task panel and completed migration reports could make it easier to identify skipped or failed items instead of discovering problems after everything is finished.
For larger projects, would you normally handle this internally, or use email migration services from a specialist? I’m particularly interested in experiences where folder structure and attachments had to remain intact.