Moving Windows 7 System partition

akaCol

Hi

I have recently installed Windows 7 onto a new SSD. The SSD is the first boot device in the BIOS and is connected to SATAII-0. I also have a 750GB hard drive for file and download storage (mostly backup ISOs of software install discs in case I lose them). The 750GB drive is nearly full. I also have a 640GB hard drive which I have configured for Windows to use for my personal folders (documents, my pictures, my videos, etc.) and the Program Files and Program FIles (x86) folders.

Drive letter allocations are as follows:
SSD: C:
750GB drive: G:
640GB drive: L:

For some reason Windows has set the System partition as G:, which I want to move to C:. Could somebody please explain how I would do that?

Many thanks :smile:

"Boot" is used in that URL description in the colloquial sense, as used by normal people and not Microsoft-speak.
It is what you need.

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

Back