MP3 Player

Kahai

Distinguished Member
Okay, the internets have failed me, and i know you are a more reliable think tank then Anonymous is (lmao)

I have had a Sleek Photo (from Creative) for a couple years now. I have had it not working for at least one of those (the last one maybe lol)

I have looked on the net, and it seems that WMP 11 Hates Sleek Photos, and creatives site even says that you might want to disable (rollback) to a earlier version. I can not Remove WMP 11 from vista, (it seems everything in windows vista with windows in its name, has been transformed into a Vital part of the OS (lmao) )

I tried to fix my MP3 Player on my grandpa machine, after rolling back WMP11 to 10, and alas nothing.

I found out that my played had its firmware messed up with the release of WMP11 (i do recall windows wanting to sync and destory 18 GB of music, and then froze and i had to reboot. ) and since then the player has been unable to be recognized, even with the correct software on the machine. i deleted the entire music collection (4 GB after the sync killed the 18) and and rebooted the PLayer, (all this in recovery mode) i then cleaned the drive (as instructed by Creative's site.) i was then told to delete/reinstall the firmware. i did that and i had already downloaded the update. i connected the player to the machine as the told me, turned off with the power supply in. I tried the updater for the firmware. and yet again it can not be recognized. However now with the firmware removed, XP and vista both pick up the player. just 20 MB not 20 GB :frowning:

Please oh please help me, i have lived a year without my player, i miss it so much.

I am sure that with the firmware updates you lose you data? But from what i read you dont have music on it anyways. As you had to clean the drive off as instructed by the site.

I just dont get what the issue is. I am sure that creative would be of more support. As they created the thing. I use a Zune so i am just taking shots in the dark here.

Connect it to a Linux PC and run a partition manager; see if it can find that missing space.

i the issue isnt the firmware, the updater for it just doesnt find it, Creatives site gives me these:
Creative Labs Europe Knowledge Base - Customer Support KnowledgeBase, Troubleshooting, and Technical Articles
Creative Labs Europe Knowledge Base - Customer Support KnowledgeBase, Troubleshooting, and Technical Articles

that last one seems to be it, well i dont know of any machine (XP based) without WMP11 (unless i get a copy of it somewhere) that hasnt updated :frowning:

i did what that last one said to roll back but still no luck...

okay well i didnt do all of it (i couldnt find the orginally page i was doing things off of, it might not have been a creative page, maybe a blog osomewhere.

ill change this post after ive done what it says, i need to reboot (stupid windows has to do that too dang much (i got spoiled on linux lmao)

okay

i told me to uninstall the driver, so i went into device manager and uninstalled it, fine enough right

it told me to plug it back in and let it install what it needed to, still after all this, the firmware update can not find the player, and yet windows still does :frowning:

i dont think its that kinda of problem

all my problems with this media player have been caused by WMP 11

and even with the rolled back wmp 10 (from 11) it still didnt work... :frowning:

Back