MSXML 4.0 SP3

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Acting on a Technet Bulletin I just received I've installed MSXML 4.00 SP3 in my Vista and XP OS's. The release notes state only to remove any beta SP3 that one may have, nothing about SP2, however, it does state that this replaces MSXML 4.00 SP2, although that latter entity remains installed.

Should I uninstall MSXML SP2 or what? As always, Microsoft have assumed that people know what to do in such circumstances.

Download page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7F6C0CB4-7A5E-4790-A7CF-9E139E6819C0

Attachments

• updates.jpg
    updates.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yeah I think so. It doesnt mention uninstalling, but it says its a "complete replacement" for SP2 and earlier with security and bug fixes.

Edit: Should be fine regardless since they all appear to be installed. I'd just leave it alone if its not broken lol

Last edited:
OK I'll leave them. That is so typical of Microsoft, they always expect their customers to be psychic and read the mind of the person who wrote whatever the page is.

Incidentally., I'm in Win 7 v7000 right now and can't even find MSXML, maybe disguised in Windows 7...??

Thanks Justin.

MSXML is now part of Windows (as of Vista, I think).

MSXML doesn't require that older versions are uninstalled, each DLL is registered with the OS along with its version number, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Addendum:

MSXML is now part of Windows (as of Vista, I think).

MSXML doesn't require that older versions are uninstalled, each DLL is registered with the OS along with its version number, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Last edited:
Back