Multiple boot files

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I've already done a google search and couldn't find a thread that described my issue. I've downloaded two different versions of windows on two different hard drives, this is the reason i downloaded easybcd. My problem started when i downloaded easyBCD on the first hard drive, restarted and it wasnt working correctly.. so then i downloaded it on the second hard drive (without thinking to uninstall first)second windows versions)).. now what it does is.. it loads the first boot options from the first time i downloaded it (which dont work and give me a bunch of errors), i hit escape, does it again, then i hit escape a third time and it goes to the newest (working) set of options.

I've tried uninstalling the tool and reinstalling.. deleting everything i could find of the tool on all my hard drives.. still.. when i reinstall it does the exact same thing. Any ideas?

EasyBCD manages the central BCD registry - it's shared between all operating systems on the machine. You (should be) editing the same BCD registry regardless of which EasyBCD install you're using.

You can try deleting the entries you created in the second EasyBCD install, though be careful not to remove the ones you need to boot.

I'm not sure - wherever you added them, I suppose.
If you post the EasyBCD summary view from both installations + a picture of your disk management layout, that would help narrow things down.

Hmm, well I've deleted both installations and only have one now.
Is this the summary your thinking of?:
There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 10
Timeout: None
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 10
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Microsoft Windows 7
BCD ID: {12319dd4-4192-11e5-8d35-df82e4f1b7f1}
Drive: F:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exeDisk Mgmt screenshot.PNG

Have you just transferred one OS HDD from another PC ?
You appear to have one UEFI OS and one legacy BIOS.

The Legacy BIOS is probably my windows 7 OS. a few years ago i went to change the CPU heat sink and accidentally stripped the CPU out of the motherboard. I bought a new mother board and CPU.. The new motherboard is probably the difference.

Seems to be the other way round.
See the EFI system partition in front of F and the active System Reserved (legacy) with C.
Can you be more specific than your OP about what you did.
Installing EasyBCD does absolutely nothing to your PC except occupy a little space.
Likewise uninstalling.
It's not an active part of the system, simply a maintenance tool, so putting any number of copies around has no effect.
Running it and using it to add, modify or delete entries in the bootmgr's BCD repository will affect what bootmgr does on subsequent boots, but if you're having problems/unexpected consequences, we'll need to know what you did with EasyBCD.

Back