My hell......

Vetelmo

Ok, I searched but I didnt see my exact problem.

I rec'd a computerr as a gift from an old Army buddy. It is a Dual Processor, the hardware is more than capable of handling Vista. I can give more details if needed.

I installed Vista but in 32 bit. Had sevfere problems and tghe computer wouldnot recognize the 64 bit dvd. The system completely crashed and I HAD to do a clean instal of the 32 bit. Previously it would not let me go back to XP but when it made me do the clean instal, I didnt give it a chance to see if it was compatble and shut restarted with the XP CD. I got it back to XP but still cannot get it to boot up from the Vista 64 bit CD.

Microsoft wants money to help me. I would pay it but I am on disabilty and cannot justify it. I tried to bootsec and change the boot, but it sint there. I tried the BCD but it doesnt want to work on my computer.

If I have to stay on XP, Im a little ok with it but Vista was awesome for the couple days I used it and have a feeling that 64 bit will operate smoother than the 32 bit.

Any ideas?

Addendum:

You know what? Nevermind, after I downloaded that BCD program, I got some bullshit Tool malware on my computer. I want help, not to be ****ed with..... I hope Karma sticks you with Bubbas jail cell and his ten inches.......

Addendum:

Please remove me from your database. Nice trick putting "System Tools" on my computer. I got it off eventually.

Last edited:
Would you care to be specific ?
There's no malware in EasyBCD, as a million users could tell you.
It gives you the option to download TweakVI as well (which I decline), and it's a perfectly normal app which installs (and uninstalls) through normal Windows channels.
What did you download ? and where did you get it from ?
Anything you acquired from anywhere other than this site is nothing to do with us.
There are other BCD utilities out there (including Microsoft's BCDedit).
We can't take any responsibility for anything they do.

Last edited:
It was trippy. I downloaded it, tried to use it, it would not work and then a window opened up in my browser for System Tool that totally looked like the Microsoft Update but the dowload was completed from that page. All the sudden I had this insane "virus protection" program that had pop ups every15 secs or so sayiong I had trojans and worms all over my computer, which I couldnt believe because there are no files on this computer yet, except for the program I downloaded from here. I couldn't open up task manager or anything that would help. Real freaky but I found a solution and Im protected now.

I apoliogize because I can't say for sure it came from that, I was searching all over the place for a solution, which seems to be unique, no one has a solution (or cares, lol) I could have clicked on a bad link for all i know.

If you wish i can try to help make sure your system is clean of any infection that there might be. Get ComboFix and read the guide on how to use it here. After that get malwarebytes antimalware and run that. after running those 2 programs get HiJack This and run it and save a log. It will open Notepad with the log in there. There is a guide on it as well here. Copy and pate the contents into a post and i can analyze the information from the log and let you know if i see anything suspicious.

This is a volunteer forum, and I can assure you that I for one wouldn't be here, if anything from Neosmart had ever done anything I didn't want or intend, to my PC.
It's only because the software, and the support I found here, fixed a problem I'd been struggling with for days, that I stuck around and ended up being invited to mod the site with Mak.
We're all recent converts to the use of Microsoft's free anti-malware software, which I recommend you install if you're not already protected.
Unfortunately the web is riddled with malware masquarading as anti-viral software.
If ever you click on a link which claims to have found viruses on your PC and offers to instantly remove them with one more click - DON'T CLICK IT. That's what will actually download the malware which could ruin your day. No genuine software could possibly scan your computer and detect a virus in a fraction of a second. Real AV scanners take ages.

Back to your original problem. Are you sure your hardware will suport a 64 bit OS ? Unless you have more than 4Gb of RAM and you do a lot of intensive Video editing, you're unlikely to notice much difference in the performance of Vista x86 to x64

Hi,

I'm the author of EasyBCD and director of NeoSmart Technologies.

All our software is 100% clean and safe. You can see for yourself:

McAfee certified clean: neosmart.net | Web Safety Ratings from McAfee SiteAdvisor
EasyBCD has been thoroughly tested and found free of viruses, malware, and spamware: EasyBCD 1.7.2 - 100% Clean - certified by Softpedia - Softpedia

EasyBCD 1.7.2 - SOFTPEDIA "100% CLEAN" AWARD
This product was last tested in the Softpedia Labs on 23rd of June 2008 by Alexandru Genes

Softpedia guarantees that EasyBCD 1.7.2 is 100% Clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.

This software product was tested thoroughly and was found absolutely clean; therefore, it can be installed with no concern by any computer user. However, it should be noted that this product will be retested periodically and the award may be withdrawn, so you should check back occasionally and pay attention to the date of testing shown above.

Don't blame NST if your PC is infected from other sources. We pride ourselves in our FREE and HIGH-QUALITY clean software. We could make a fortune selling EasyBCD for even a dollar with TENS of millions of downloads or by bundling crapware... but we don't :smile:

Back