My System Is Messed.

nabge

I have been using EasyBCD since win7 days. Now with my new laptop, I have win 8. I repartitioned my new drive and recovery folders no longer work.

Ok. 2 days ago I had to use easy BCD but I made something wrong (I resetted the boot menu I guess) but in the boot settings page win 8 was still appearing and I thought it was still in the boot. I closed EasyBCD - and it showed this time no it showed no warning that it might not reboot (it always warned me before) then with this confidence I rebooted and everything was messed up. As win 8 system is different I found no solution. Because I had no win 8 disks (laptops no longer come with this) and recovery Win8 folder can not be used - for days no solution have been found. I tried Win PE etc. None of them worked.
To summarize - EasyBCD a bit messed my system and I tried to find a solution.

At last after no solution, I had to reformat whole drive and everythings gone now. I now was able to winXP with the hope that I can re-add by directing it to the win8 drive I extracted form image to e: drive.

But now on XP, EasyBCD says it can not find boot file.

Now - as an ending. HOW CAN I RECOVER OR MAKE WIN8 DRIVE BOOTABLE WITH WINXP SYSTEM AND BCD ON IT?

Last edited:
Excellent!.. I wish I had asked this days before on this forum. It costed me a few days. Was a bit dissapointed when you did not reply my email - but I understand this is the place to ask for. Thanks again!... It worked :smile:

We don't have email support, posting in the forums lets future persons benefit from any solutions discovered.

What method did you use to fix the problem? Glad it worked!

I used :

Attempt Three: Nuclear Holocaust

Other methods failed and I did not have the windows DVD with me as you know they no longer send them with Notebooks. (I do not understand this? How much would a DVD cost also considering that they also purchase them wholesale - 1-2 Dollars? Is it a saving worth putting people in trouble keeping in mind people pay hundreds, may be thousands of dollars to a notebook?)

To make things easier, I copied and pasted the commands and created a batch file and saved to an USB stick, and opened the batch file on the other computer that was problematic and that was booted with WinPE. It was easier than typing. Of course the commands with partition GUID Partition ID's are exempt from this - I manually typed them.

Now everything is perfect and I am backing up the fresh windows copy where ever I can find. :smile: Thank you for the solution again.

Last edited:
Back