need easy bcd community help to resolve system disk error

ewerwerwe

I had a dual boot SYSTEM:smile: AND FOUR PARTITIONS C,D,E,F.
c contains xp
d contains xp
e contains no os
f contains no os

installation of window 7:booyah:

i decided to remove xp from c and installed win 7 in c
but a problem arose system only boots from win7 not from xp. so i posted a question in yahoo answer and came to conclusion that i need some kind of bootlaoder software. name easy bcd. so i downloaded easy bcd version 2.0 beta build 93. and add a entry and went to a option name automatic detect ntldr file in the partition. and i succeeded. now system boots from both win 7 and xp.

installation of ubuntu:brows:

after a week i decided to install a Linux distribution name is ubuntu.installation was successful and now i was able to use a ubuntu desktop. but problem was the boot sequence it shows

boot from ubuntu (and there was many options beneath it)
boot from hard disk

but i decided to make boot sequence as

boot from 7
boot from xp
boot from ubuntu

so after many failed tries i went to option name set botoloader in win 7(means partition c) . and i succeeded.and now bootsequence was -

boot from 7
boot from xp
boot from ubuntu

ALL WAS RUNNING FINE UNTIL ONE DAY I DECIDED TO INSTALL FEDORA IN PARTITION F.

installation of fedora a linux os :evil:

ALL WENT FINE BUT THE BOOT ORDER WAS-

BOOT FROM FEDORA
BOOT FROM HARD DISK ( containing win 7 , xp, ubuntu)

BUT I DECIDED TO MAKE BOOT ORDER AS-

WIN 7
XP
UBUNTU
FEDORA

but this time no luck for me and because of so many failed tries i was not a happy man. so tried a new option name create new MBR and restarted my system.. since that point my system is showing a error name system disk error.

but luckily i have a rescue CD( hiren boot cd 10.1) in case of system crash or system refuse to boot now when i went to win 7 i saw easy bcd was showing a wierd error name registry error and upload a save back up file. so i tried my best to resolve it and when i restarted system there is no response for win 7 the only option was boot from window xp
i thought maybe installation of a fresh copy of easy bcd in xp can solve my problrm and i just need to install it and save some setting. but whenever i install easy bcd no matter what the version of it, it constantly show a error message and it does not open.
my os in partitions

win7- in c
win xp in d
ubuntu in e
fedora in f

please give me some help how to resolve it?

For your XP/EasyBCD problem, a prerequisite to a working EasyBCD in XP is first installing Microsoft .Net Framework.

As for your booting problem, we will need some more info in order to help you resolve your problem. Please post a screenshot of Disk Management, along with the contents of the Detailed "Debug" mode window under "View Settings" in EasyBCD, once you've installed .Net Framework, and its working.

thank you very much it worked for me. please tell a link which describes how to work with easy bcd i dont know much about bcd and his options and other functions.

Well, all I really need to see is the Disk Management screenshot and View Settings info.

To obtain a Disk Management screenshot:

Open Start->right click on "My Computer"->Manage->"Disk Management" in left pane.
Maximize the window.
Next, press the "Prnt Scrn", "Print Screen", or similar button on your keyboard to get a screenshot of the window.
Go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint, and when MS Paints opens up, simply press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot in Paint.
Next, save the file as a .jpg file, attach it to your next post using the "Attachments" button, and we're set there.

To get View Settings info:

Open up EasyBCD in XP.
Click on the View Settings button in the left pane.
Now in the View Settings window, go to Detailed (Debug) mode, select the contents of the window (Ctrl + A), and simply copy it into your next post (Ctrl + C while mouse cursor is in EasyBCD's View Settings window, and Ctrl + V when mouse cursor is in new post area.

detailed debug mode

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device boot
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default {18ca0de0-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
resumeobject {1f8184a2-14de-11df-9734-f08c6d8c50b0}
displayorder {18ca0de0-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
{18ca0de1-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
{18ca0de2-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
{18ca0de4-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout 10
displaybootmenu Yes

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {18ca0de0-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Microsoft Windows 7
locale en-US
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {6c42b527-5ce7-11df-bfb2-806e6f6e6963}

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {18ca0de1-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
device boot
path \NTLDR
description Microsoft Windows XP

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {18ca0de2-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
device partition=C:
path \NST\AutoNeoGrub1.mbr
description ubuntu linux

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {18ca0de4-5ce7-11df-b954-00e04d4a3e02}
device partition=C:
path \NST\AutoNeoGrub2.mbr
description fedora linux

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
I had a dual boot SYSTEM:smile: AND FOUR PARTITIONS C,D,E,F.
c contains xp
d contains xp
e contains no os
f contains no os

installation of window 7:booyah:

i decided to remove xp from c and installed win 7 in c
but a problem arose system only boots from win7 not from xp. so i posted a question in yahoo answer and came to conclusion that i need some kind of bootlaoder software. name easy bcd. so i downloaded easy bcd version 2.0 beta build 93. and add a entry and went to a option name automatic detect ntldr file in the partition. and i succeeded. now system boots from both win 7 and xp.

installation of ubuntu:brows:

after a week i decided to install a Linux distribution name is ubuntu.installation was successful and now i was able to use a ubuntu desktop. but problem was the boot sequence it shows

boot from ubuntu (and there was many options beneath it)
boot from hard disk

but i decided to make boot sequence as

boot from 7
boot from xp
boot from ubuntu

so after many failed tries i went to option name set botoloader in win 7(means partition c) . and i succeeded.and now bootsequence was -

boot from 7
boot from xp
boot from ubuntu

ALL WAS RUNNING FINE UNTIL ONE DAY I DECIDED TO INSTALL FEDORA IN PARTITION F.

installation of fedora a linux os :evil:

ALL WENT FINE BUT THE BOOT ORDER WAS-

BOOT FROM FEDORA
BOOT FROM HARD DISK ( containing win 7 , xp, ubuntu)

BUT I DECIDED TO MAKE BOOT ORDER AS-

WIN 7
XP
UBUNTU
FEDORA

but this time no luck for me and because of so many failed tries i was not a happy man. so tried a new option name create new MBR and restarted my system.. since that point my system is showing a error name system disk error.

but luckily i have a rescue CD( hiren boot cd 10.1) in case of system crash or system refuse to boot now when i went to win 7 i saw easy bcd was showing a wierd error name registry error and upload a save back up file. so i tried my best to resolve it and when i restarted system there is no response for win 7 the only option was boot from window xp
i thought maybe installation of a fresh copy of easy bcd in xp can solve my problrm and i just need to install it and save some setting. but whenever i install easy bcd no matter what the version of it, it constantly show a error message and it does not open.
my os in partitions

win7- in c
win xp in d
ubuntu in e
fedora in f

please give me some help how to resolve it?
First, it is clear Ubuntu is not in the partition currently marked as E: from your XP system (because that is an NTFS partition, and Linux must be installed on a Linux filesystem, such as ext3 or ext4, which Windows cannot read and will not give a drive letter), and there is no F: partition.
healthy(system), healthy(boot), healthy(unknown), healthy what are all this mean?
and mark partition as active?
Those two "healthy" and "unknown" partitions obviously are what really contain Ubuntu and Fedora. Windows can't read from the filesystems, that's why it says they're "unknown". The "system" flag (which according to the DM screenshot, is on C:, your W7 partition) means that's where every OS is booting from, and that's what contains the boot files. "boot" means the system you're currently running (i.e. XP on D).
XP Disk Management, if I remember correctly, will not display the "active" flag. Its only displayed in later Windows OSes. But your W7 partition is obviously both "system" and "active".
Ok, so Windows 7 entry is pointed at the right place, i.e. the C: partition which contains \Windows\system32\winload.exe which is what loads the OS on the same partition. Ubuntu and Fedora also seem to be pointing at the right place.

What exactly happens now when you first turn on the computer? No boot menu, and it just loads XP? If so, that means you have an XP MBR and PBR controlling your system, and XP's bootloader cannot load systems newer than itself. So to fix the problem, run the "Reinstall the Vista/7 bootloader" from EasyBCD 2.0 in XP, and assuming all of W7's boot files (i.e. bootmgr and boot/bcd) exist in the C: partition, you should now have a quad-booting system with all 4 OSes booting. :smile:

Cheers.

Last edited:
when i was writng my post for my scourge i was just trying to keep my post small . otherwise a long complicated post consumes time. so i removed a partition from my post to reduce time and lenght and 4 os for 4 partitions make sense :wink:.

when i was writng my post for my scourge i was just trying to keep my post small . otherwise a long complicated post consumes time. so i removed a partition from my post to reduce time and lenght and 4 os for 4 partitions make sense :wink:.
Did you remove a partition from your post or a partition from your computer? :wink:
And if a post, what partition did you remove? I don't see what it could be...

4 OSes for 4 partitions does make sense, but Linux OSes on Windows filesystems do NOT make sense. :tongueout: Nor do Windows drive letters given to Linux partitions. Of course, they could have been originally ntfs partitions, until you formatted and installed Linux on them, which would explain the references to e: and f. Doesn't explain though where the current e: popped up from though.

Last edited:
Did you remove a partition from your post or a partition from your computer? :wink:
And if a post, what partition did you remove? I don't see what it could be...

4 OSes for 4 partitions does make sense, but Linux OSes on Windows filesystems do NOT make sense. :tongueout: Nor do Windows drive letters given to Linux partitions. Of course, they could have been originally ntfs partitions, until you formatted and installed Linux on them, which would explain the references to e: and f. Doesn't explain though where the current e: popped up from though.

before the fedora installation i have
c 7
d xp
e swap for ubuntu
f root for ubuntu

"Of course, they could have been originally ntfs partitions, until you formatted and installed Linux on them, which would explain the references to e: and f. Doesn't explain though where the current e: popped up from though"

i decided to split e in two ( because it was 87 gb) e n f and format them as ntfs
now i have e for data storage for both 7 and xp and mode and a seperate f for fedora now after fedora installation-
c- 7
d- xp
e- fedora
f- storage partition means no OS in it
g- ubuntu

and dm shows
c-7
d-xp
?
e
?
thats all