Need Help!

mir092

I had win7 installed on my computer, I later upgraded to win8, Everything was going fine. I then created a partition of exactly 20GB, and installed Ubuntu onto that from a USB. By using easyBCD 2.2, I had the option of either Ubuntu or Windows 8 when I booted up. This was fine for 2-3 months. I then deleted the Linux option off EasyBCD and set windows to defualt. I then deleted EasyBCD. I then when back into partition manager, and deleted everything on the 20GB Ubuntu partition. I then added this to my main win8 one. Everything was going fine, I turned it off that night. I then started this morning to find that:

• 'windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause'
  • File:\NSTAutoNeoGrub1.mbr
So Using a win7 computer I used a USB to re-install Ubuntu. Everything is there execpt I can't start win8. I have heard on forums that Ubuntu overrides the windows boot manager, and since I deleted it I deleted the boot manager. But now when it starts I get the grub menu ubuntu works fine but when clicking the win8 option, it still says:

• 'windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause'
  • File:\NSTAutoNeoGrub1.mbr
After asking around on the Ubuntu forums, I have heard that Ubuntu's grub bootloader overides Windows and that EasyBCD overrides both. All I want to do is remove Ubuntu and have windows run like normal. Can someone please help?!?

Back