Need neosmart's help again!

KayVee

Hey guys everytime I go to boot up it gives me a blue screen....except the color is green

the technical information it gives me is

STOP : 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8704B329, 0xBC8239E4, 0x00000000)

Also I'm using windows vista, I'm not sure what the problem is but I hope you guys can help me figure it out =\

EDIT: I should also add in that it suggests for me to turn off the caching and shadows in the BIOS settings but when i boot and go into my bios settings there are no options for caching and shadows, maybe if it were possible to turn them off in a cmd that would help? I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
I don't know why but all my saved restores are gone, and how could this be a ram problem? are you saying that there could be a problem with my ram, or I don't have enough? and how do I run a memtest

Yes it could be faulty RAM.
Memtest is one of the F8 extended boot menu options.
If you have multiple RAM cards, try removing one at a time and rebooting.
It could also be a malware infection
My Fix for the STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005... BSOD / REBOOT - Icrontic Forums

I do believe it is a malware infection, I just tried to run malewarebytes and it kept closing out durring scan over and over again. And now when I try to run it tells me

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

How can I run malwarebytes without problems?

If you cant right click on it and select the option to Run as Admin then there is no way you can run it without problems.

The BSoD Stop Code indicates that this is not a malware infection but in fact a hardware issue with the RAM that both Guru and Terry have suggested.

Microsoft Page on the 8E Error

You see that you have the 0xc0000005 2nd code which points to this:

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates that a memory access violation occurred.

That is not an infection. That is directly related to your RAM. You need to run the built in Memory Test or use MemTest86.

The Rustock rootkit also causes the same second code.
Have you read the link I gave you ?
There are a couple of things you can try mentioned in there.
Normal scans won't find it.

Well I ran hitman pro to help remove the malware on my pc, I think it removed some core files from my system32 folder because now when I try to boot up, right when it goes to boot up windows my computer just restarts, any way I can repair my files from a windows cd without reformating?

I've installed over my failed windows xp drives a few times, but I'd listen to these guys, if they say it's ram you'll need to check your chips, which can take awhile if it doesn't show anything and you have to do the advanced testing. I found out a lot of my ram chips have gone bad over the years. Also, I use the free housecall virus scan from trend micro.com whenever I have a scare, I hate having anti-viruses installed... they are harder than viruses to remove.

Windows Vista doesnt have a Repair option. You dont have a choice now but to reinstall Windows. You cant do a upgrade install or anything now that Windows doesnt boot.

Back