New entries not added correctly

Steve17

I have EasyBCD 1.7.2.7. New entries are not added correctly. Some items are missing. BootMgr does not display these entries on it's menu.

VistaBootPro adds them correctly.

I have attached an entry created by EasyBCD and an entry created by VistaBootPro. The EasyBCD entry doesn't show up in the menu. The VistaBootPro entry works.

Attachments

SIW2

Please post the contents of the bcdedit cmd:

Open an elevated cmd prompt, type bcdedit, then press enter.

A screenshot of Disk Management would also help.

Thanks

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Windows 7 is supported in EasyBCD 2.0 build 64.
1.7 lacks support for any Linux newer than Ubuntu 8.04, has no auto-configuration for XP, and precedes the first release of W7.
See if an upgrade fixes your issues.

Last edited:

Steve17

Where do I find EasyBCD 2.0? All I see is version 1.7.2.

I'm not concerned about Linux. I don't even have it installed on this machine. I'm using an old boot.ini. I left the Linux entry there so I could see the syntax for running a partition boot sector (VBR).

I don't think there is anything wrong with boot.ini. It works fine when the VBR is set up to run ntldr, as it is after installing XP. It's only when I run it from BootMgr, that it behaves strangely. I don't use EasyBCD to tinker with the boot.ini, I didn't even know it could do that.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
The link is in my previous post.

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beta versions of EasyBCD are posted in the forums. The thread you're looking for can be found here.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
You're welcome.

With most of the promised features implemented in the latest build (guess powers of two, in this case, the ever-popular "64," really are magic numbers :smile:), the final release of EasyBCD 2.0 is drawing near.