New Install Errors

tom405

I post here about my computer not booting. I got a an ISO copy vista and installed it and all seemed great. But I getting a few errors with some of the MS programs.

Here is one

wmplayer.exe - bad image

c/windows/sys32/dbghelp.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error.

Im getting a few "bad Image" warnings on a few different programs

Another problem is with my windows security center, it says that its turned off and when I click the turn on now button nothing happens.

any advise?

EDIT I have a legit copy of vista

Last edited:
Your copy appears to be pirated unless you've created the ISO yourself. You'll need to get a legit copy from your OEM or the store.

Your copy appears to be pirated unless you've created the ISO yourself. You'll need to get a legit copy from your OEM or the store.

The Disk is a copy, but its a clean copy of an OEM disk.There is no other way to get these file repaired without a OEM disk?

Last edited:
Can you borrow a genuine DVD and reinstall with your own key ?
I haven't tried copying a Vista disk, but I once tried making a backup copy of Nero and found it had copy protection that stopped a successful ISO image from being made, so it wouldn't surprise me if MS haven't hobbled any copy attempt.
Your other thread says you got the ISO online, in which case you just have to take it on trust that someone hasn't riddled it with malware. A borrowed genuine disk is your safest no-cost option.

Yes I got it online, but its from a trusted person. In fact it was up loaded for me. Its clean of malware. Finding a copy of just vista is not very easy to come by. I could get a bundled disk from my PC MFG, but now that I dont have all the crap that comes in a bundled disk Im not sure I want that. Other than these few errors my system is running better than ever.

If what Im trying to do is considered illegal activity, as pointed out by the other poster, Im sorry that I brought it to this forum and would ask that this thread be removed.

Yes I got it online, but its from a trusted person. In fact it was up loaded for me.

Really uploaded for you? That's not what you said in your other thread:

I found a full copy of Vista on the net, burned it, booted from it...

The thing is its hard to tell if the uploaded online version whether intended for you or not is really clean or at least free of errors. Its harder to troubleshoot things with you unless you've got a genuine copy. All we can recommend now is re-installing, but if the problems persist you'll need to get a new copy.

Back