New Look

lol, thanks Peter!! Glad to see you made it past the new password system (I really wish it wasn't necessary, but whatever..)

I don't much like this purple theme, looking for a new one as I write this.

Hopefully this will take care of all the problems with the old system.

Looks blue on my monitor. The one thing I noticed is no smilies and post notifications are turned off by default.

(Oops..."Go Advanced" - never noticed, sorry)

Last edited:
BMP uploads are enabled... I don't know what else to do. Can you attach one of these images to this post and I'll see if I can't fix it?

I'll be adding smilies ASAP... We can't live without them!

Actually it was only certain .gif and .jpg that wouldn't upload and that was to my profile picture. It was well within the max parameters.
It gave: "th_10650S.jpg:
This BMP image has the incorrect file extension".
Wouldn't upload here either.
This is it hosted elsewhere....(old picture of me at work).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Ex-Brit/th10650S.jpg

th10650S.jpg

It took it in the profile picture when I used Photobucket's link though...strange.

Last edited:
Damn Sarge, you're looking good! :tongueout:

Peter, I'll look into it and see if it's fixable. Hope so anyway :smile:

Peter, I'll look into it and see if it's fixable. Hope so anyway :smile:

I've found the same problem on many boards...so it could be, for instance, a problem with the board accessing "My Pictures" via my McAfee protection...just a thought.
As you can see the pic took when I linked from Photobucket.

I like the new look. There are VB skins out there for sure. Google has turned up many results. With both paind and free skins out there.

The default vB skins is alright. But i have to agree with CG. The purple is not that nice. :tongueout:

I like the new look. There are VB skins out there for sure. Google has turned up many results. With both paind and free skins out there.

The default vB skins is alright. But i have to agree with CG. The purple is not that nice. :tongueout:

Love that avatar! I don't know whether or not it's my Radeon X1650 card or my Samsung 713n LCD monitor, as I know I have (almost) perfect colour vision myself, but what you call purple, looks mostly blue to me....with a very slight lilac-ish tinge.

I'm working on one right now actually...

I don't want to go with a stock theme, or it'll be "just-another-vbulletin-site"

Love your signature, Mak.

Love that avatar! I don't know whether or not it's my Radeon X1650 card or my Samsung 713n LCD monitor, as I know I have (almost) perfect colour vision myself, but what you call purple, looks mostly blue to me....with a very slight lilac-ish tinge.

Yeah, it looks kinda blue to me too.

That is purple:

iris_purple_gem.jpg

I guess its just terminology here...

I'm speaking about the same exact color you are, Peter - a really faint lilacy color :smile:

It's between purple and blue, but to me it's purple.... And I cant stand purple! :tongueout:

(OMG! ctrl+i really works!)

Back