No internet access to register License on easyBCD 2.4

helder22

Hello

We purchased the easybcd 2.4 and tried to install on our PC that has multi boot. We keep getting the error that we need an internet connection to register the license code. Unfortunately this system is not on the network that has internet access since it’s a test system and cannot be added to network for internet access.

---------------------------
Unable to Register
Error encountered while obtaining license from remote server. Please ensure you are connected to the internet or try again later.
OK

Please advise on a solution?

EasyBCD is a portable utility.
You don't have to install it on the system you want to use it on.
You can either copy the .exe file onto a portable device and run it on your un-networked PC, or even just execute it from wherever you did install it, if that drive is visible from the PC in question.

You cannot install it without an internet connection. I have a weirder situation. I am installing it on a Dell XP Pro OEM installation. It keeps telling me I have no internet connection and cancels the installation even though I am typing this on the internet connection I use on the same XP installation. I have internet connection, I have the firewall off and it still won't install saying there is no internet connection. I have it working perfectly on another computer with an XP installation. I been banging my head against the wall on this. Thanks for any ideas...

Only XP ?
EasyBCD has no function on a PC without at least one Longhorn OS (Vista -> W10)
Any text editor will manage XP's boot.ini file which is the data repository which preceded the BCD introduced in Vista.

Back