No sound on vista ultimate

stathis

Hello guys. I just upgraded my Gateway M320 to Vista RTM and i have no sound. Vista installed the following driver:
Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM AC '97 Audio Controller

My M320 has an Intel 855GM chipset and i tried downloading all the audio drivers you stated on your blog but with no succes...Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Makaveli213 said:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97-realtek-driver-vista.html

Have you tried those? I know that Realtek released some Vista drivers not long ago.

There is also these:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Realtek-AC97-Vista-Driver-6016213-WHQL.shtml
Hi...

I just bought vista, and I have a Soundblaster Live. I got the modded drivers located somewhere on this site, but I cant seem to find "Audio Properties" to find the "other tab" to tick "digital audio" to follow the installation steps.

I have sound and all but I cant seem to get my Microphone to work! XP was way easier than this pile of crap they call Vista, just tick a box, adjust the volume and done. How do I find or enable and make my microphone work on Vista? Is it muted or something because it isnt in my Sound Mixer thing and when I go to the sound tab in control pannels theres like 3 different microphone but all the same?:rage:

someone help please :dead:

Try going into the Control Panel under Classic view. Under the Sound or Mic options you should be able to fix it.

I don't have sound either!

I have an Asus P5NSLI with audiomax Soundmax HD audio built-in to the mobo. Asus does NOT have any drivers on their site for my mobo for Vista. Lame.

Vista installed some drivers, and they appear to be working because when I play music the sound panel shows activity, but nothing comes out of my speakers.

When I highlight the sound panel in my taskbar it says "Digital Output Device (SPDIF) High Definition Audio Device" ... but my speakers are analog. Could this be the problem? If so, how can I get the right drivers??

Grrr.

zshore said:
I don't have sound either!

I have an Asus P5NSLI with audiomax Soundmax HD audio built-in to the mobo. Asus does NOT have any drivers on their site for my mobo for Vista. Lame.

Vista installed some drivers, and they appear to be working because when I play music the sound panel shows activity, but nothing comes out of my speakers.

When I highlight the sound panel in my taskbar it says "Digital Output Device (SPDIF) High Definition Audio Device" ... but my speakers are analog. Could this be the problem? If so, how can I get the right drivers??

Grrr.
Have you tried going thru Windows Update? Most of the SoundMax Drivers were being updated right thru that as of Vista's release.

You need to go into your sound properties and put the Speakers to Analog not Digital for sure.

Also have you tried the XP drivers in compatability mode? Have you tried just using the .inf files to install the drivers?

Other than that try using CG's guide here:
http://neosmart.net/blog/?p=104

Back