No Vista driver for Acer Orbicam

JamesT

Hi All

I have an Acer Aspire 5610 laptop with an Acer Orbicam in the lid. After many attempts to find a driver which allows the Orbicam to operate with Vista without keep getting BSOD I have temporarily disabled the Oribicam. The Orbicam is a Logitech camera but Acer annoyingly have not supported the Orbicam with a Vista driver. The laptop originally had XP installed with an express upgrade to Vista Home Premium as part of the deal.

Does anyone know of a Vista compatiblt driver for the Orbicam? I have tried the logitech driver but get the BSOD with it as well.

Any help appreciated!

JamesT

Hello JamesT, welcome to NST

Usually I don't direct link to stuff, but thier sites a little tricky. The logitech driver for Vista for your model can be found here.

Hi kairozamorro
Many thanks I will try your suggested driver and let you know how I get on.
JamesT

Addendum:

OK. Driver installed fine and Orbicam went though setup and worked ok. Subsequent startups were blocked by Vista and webcam was not recognised consistently. I ran msconfig and disabled Orbicam at startup. This prevents the annoying 'Windows has blocked program at startup' message and running Live messenger the camera is recognised.

I have not had a BSOD yet.

I will continue as is and will let you know if the dreaded BSOD reappears!

Many thanks for your help
Regards
JamesT

Last edited:
Now it sounds as if you're having problems with the camera software itself. You should re-install that to fix any remaining issues.

Is there a seperate software application I need to install as well as the driver link you provided? I had assumed the driver software was all I had to install.

Addendum:

OK. I revisited the set of folders unzipped after following your drivers link and installed the seperate camera Application. Re-enabled webcam at startup via msconfig. I still get the 'software blocked by windows' message. Strangely the webcam is recognised within Windows Live Messenger sound and video setup but the Orbicam icon in the taskbar method of booting the software does not find the camera?

I only use the camera in Live Messenger so I guess the option of disabling the software at startup is the best option.

Regards James

Last edited:
Yes - Your help has been much appreciated. I am fairly good at the generalities of computers but there is always something that eludes me. A good learning experience tho'
Regards
JamesT

Back