None of this stuff works in Win 7 x64! Not impressed!

P

pgmrdude

I can't believe that none of the versions touted to run x64 actually work! Tried 2.0.2, 2.0.1, and even 2.0. None of them can start after installing in Win 7 x64!! Why would I donate to software that doesn't work. I have tried running as admin, though I AM an admin - same results; 'The application was unable to start correctly'. I wish folks would not claim their software does what it does not really do. I am getting so tired of that!!!

All builds work fine in Win7 x64 and Vista x64.
I'm using both.
There's something wrong with your system, probably a corrupt .NET framework.
Do you have a stop code ?

Last edited:
I can't believe that none of the versions touted to run x64 actually work! Tried 2.0.2, 2.0.1, and even 2.0. None of them can start after installing in Win 7 x64!! Why would I donate to software that doesn't work. I have tried running as admin, though I AM an admin - same results; 'The application was unable to start correctly'. I wish folks would not claim their software does what it does not really do. I am getting so tired of that!!!

And I wish folks would stop jumping to silly and ingrateful conclusions.

No one's forcing you to donate. And, just for your information, *all* EasyBCD development is done on Windows 7 x64 and with *TENS* of millions of downloads, clearly we're doing something right.

Check that you have Windows totally up to date before anything else and check that you have .net 2.0 installed. Different applications call for different versions of .net. I have all the versions installed as a result, right up to 4.

He's long gone.
Last activity on site was only minutes after the intemperate and ill-considered post.
He's not even looking for a response.
He'll go on thinking like that about Easy (and probably most other apps he tries) without ever realizing his system is sick, until the day it falls over (and probably not then either).

Do you know if notifications are turned on, if they're off, turn them on and then post. At least he'll get the notification.

Back