Now I Know I'm Really Crazy

WOW, Peter, that is a MONSTER machine!!!

Congratulations!!

Addendum:

BTW, I prefer CPU-Z to Intel's utility: CPUID

More info :smile:

Last edited:
Mahmoud, I ran CPU-Z and here's the report. I tried to post the HTML report but it's not an acceptable attachment, pity because it's easier to read.

My CPU is consistently showing an overclocked state at 3.4744ghz, (see the report "Core Speed 3474.4 MHz"), normal is 3.33ghz, which pleases me no end. It was bought overclocked at 3.86ghz but it crashed after I failed to press F1 in time to save it from reverting after swapping out some hardware. That was when I reinstalled the OS and while I was at that exercise I figured I might as well be an old stick-in-the-mud and go non-RAID, which I did. (Sorry to let the side down Terry - from another thread...LOL).

Attachments

• R2D2.txt
    137.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sounds like we sell bug killer....RAID is the brand here that "Kills Bugs Dead" according to the ads. Can't remember if it ever made it across the pond.

Anyway, I know we were discussing it. Well, that makes two of us then heretics then.

naw, it just makes re-installing the OS & programs a lot faster after every format (which are often and not long in between :tongueout:)

Plus.... Visual Studio loads 18 project files at once in about 10 seconds this way :smile:

Mahmoud are you using RAID 0 or 1 or... ? Forgive me if you've already stated that elsewhere but I'm so busy these days I forget things....not to mention my age-related general deterioration...LOL!!

I got my CPU back up to 3.86ghz yesterday, but then my graphics didn't seem to like it...desktop colours became vivid plus my Media Center TV reception became very jerky, both video and audio. So I reversed it and all is now OK again. Not quite sure why O/C would effect graphics. Not too well versed in such things I'm afraid.
The CPU was also running almost on the upper heat limits all the time with my grid computing projects running in the background (all 6 of them). Now at 3.47ghz it's running in the low 50's Celsius range, both CPU and M/B, which makes me feel better. Not to mention that the fans are quieter too. This case, although acoustically dampened, can get a bit noisy when all 5 fans are blasting at high revs.

By the way, I've added some stock pictures to my album here for you all to see. No point in my taking pictures when the website has the exact same ones already done.

Last edited:
Raid 0.

Only the OS and applications are on the RAID array... anything I would not like to lose is on other disks. :smile:

Back