ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt

Mesiya

I have quad boot setup

made system boot partition for boot file made it system primary partition for all windows boot files

other partitions are logical.

the reason i made the boot partition was some hidden used which cant be clean through cleaning utilities tried various but no use.

no issues before when installing xp on primary partition before or after vista 7 8

now when ever i format the logical xp partition

i cant install xp after having vista 7 8 installed

getting error
ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt

used spotmau boot suite it fixes vista 7 bootmanager but not xp has option fix but no use.

the only option i got to install vista to another hd separately
then i formatted the boot and xp logical partition and installed xp and it installed

then used vista on second hd to recreate mbr and installed bcd and then it fixes the issue of quad with xp.

my question is if delete the boot ini and then install xp after formatting logical partition and deleting boot.ini will it fix the above metioned error

my boot.ini is like this with extra line i dont remember because i am laptop for bug submition
the extra line is directing towards a d drive windows fast detect something like that

[boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

i am stuck with xp reinstall from fresh install to logical partition.

i backup the boot file to a folder then copied to the formatted boot partition and then used spotmau bootsuite

it shows the installed windows vista 7 8 entries but it not fixing because of boot partition format.

the only way is to fix through vista on another hdd through easybcd

is there another way to fix without using another hdd vista os.

i have suggestion could you make easy bcd bootable cd like spotmau bootsuite that way we can fix boot issues through
pe environment and install bcd or create mbr or issues through boot cd or boot usb option.

there is no solution available like easy bcd which is through windows i mean easybcd bootdisk or boot usb

one more thing i could still install xp fresh after format is there a way create xp entry after dos mode finishes copying files to hdd

i tried but the easybcd is saying no xp installation dedected. after dos mode copying completes.

i there a way to make force xp installed entry for this particular install issue of xp

Last edited:
Back