Nuclear Holocaust

wushu123

After I did the manual option number 3, I fixed the problem where my computer keeps going to recovery and after I cancel it it keeps going there. Now I have another problem it shows that the windows manager boot says "Windows failed to start, a recent hardware of software change might be the cause etc" and it told me to put the installation disc and repair the problem

And it says

Files : \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info : the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

What should I do!

Indeed, we've put a lot of work into our customized repair CDS in the hopes that they can fix the problems that the Windows repair utility cannot. However, the manual recovery steps on our wiki *usually* work.

Alright now I got a different problem after messing with the bootrec.exe thing, I think I deleted some files and it now shows "mgrmissing alt+ctrl+delete to restart" and when I did the method three again and try to delete c:\boot\bcd it says the system cannot find it..

Addendum

Is this cd your talking about different from the recovery disk I downloaded somewhere? Will it surely fix the problem im having?..

Addendum

Because im pretty desperate right now to do anything to fix my computer, you know that feeling when you try to fix things and you mess it up even more :frowning:

Argh, now I bought the CD, after clicking automated repair it didn't show my os but showed three boot volumes and it says system nfts, when I tried to repair it, it says selected partition does not contain a valid windows installation.

Try disconnecting all HDDs except the one with the OS you're trying to fix before booting the repair disc.

What did you mean by ".. three boot volumes.." ?
If you're certain there is only one HDD, which partition is "active" ?
Since you can't boot the OS to look at Disk Management, get yourself a free bootable Partition Manager and use it to find out what your configuration is.
Post a screenshot here if you need help.
The sticky will tell you how to post attachments if you need help.

What did you mean by ".. three boot volumes.." ?
If you're certain there is only one HDD, which partition is "active" ?
Since you can't boot the OS to look at Disk Management, get yourself a free bootable Partition Manager and use it to find out what your configuration is.
Post a screenshot here if you need help.
The sticky will tell you how to post attachments if you need help.

I did remember activating all partitions because some of site I looked at..typing diskpart or diskcheck and listing all partition then mart it all active with the command prompt in the vista recovery disk..

Last edited:
That shows you have 2 hard drives.
One is very nearly full and the other just about empty apart from the HP recovery space.
In which case I refer you back to post #7

Ok I tried to deactivate and activate the disks vice versa, the easyre still cant find the OS. Everytime I try to activate a disk by itself it shows different volume in easyre. When I try to activate disk 1 it shows all three "boot voume", when I try to activate the hp pavillion it all shows "data volume", when I try to activate the second disk the first two says "data volume" and the third one "boot volume".

What do you mean "deactivate - activate" ?
Are you switching the "active" flag on/off ? because that's no good.
You need to actually disconnect/remove the spare drive (desktop/laptop) if that's physically possible, or if not
get in the BIOS and disable the spare drive so it's not seen when you boot the recovery disc.

How do I disable it from BIOS?
EDIT:
CRAP!!!!! I think I just did something stupid, I tried to use the command prompt and use diskpart and select disk # and typed "CLEAN". Now when I use EasyRe to look for my OS its not showing anything at all. Is that bad?

Last edited:
clean [all]

Use the clean command to remove partition or volume formatting from the current in-focus disk by zeroing sectors. By default, only the MBR or GPT partitioning information and any hidden sector information on MBR disks is overwritten. If you specify the allparameter, each and every sector can be zeroed, and all data that is contained on the drive can be deleted.
That doesn't sound good, but as long as you didn't specify "all", there may be hope
TestDisk Download - CGSecurity
may be able to rebuild the partition table for you.

Back