Nuclear Holocaust?

jvandal

I have advanced to OptionThree because I can't get computer to run. i got down to the line wher bcdedit returns GUID. I tried to copy the GUID and lost the terminal screen so started over and got to the same line that will create the GUID.It did not create the GUID so I couldn't continue the statements that require the GUID
What do I do Or?
I listed the Holocaust statements to indicate where I am working

Back at the main page of the recovery center, go ahead and select "Command Prompt" yet again from that list.
The first order of business is to make sure the MBR and bootsector contain the right references to the Windows bootloader:

bootrec.exe /fixmbrbootsect.exe /nt60 all /force

Now we get rid of the old BCD registry, and create a new one instead.
Note: We're assuming that the boot drive is drive C: below. If your computer is configured differently, be sure to use the appropriate drive letter here instead.

attrib -h -s C:\boot\BCDdel C:\boot\BCDbcdedit /createstore c:\boot\bcd.tempbcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd.temp /create {bootmgr} /d "Windows Boot Manager"bcdedit.exe /import c:\boot\bcd.tempbcdedit.exe /set {bootmgr} device partition=C:bcdedit.exe /timeout 10attrib -h -s C:\boot\bcd.tempdel c:\boot\bcd.temp

Now we have a clean, working Vista bootloader. But we need to add a Windows entry to it:

bcdedit.exe /create /d "Microsoft Windows" /application osloader

bcdedit.exe should return a message with a GUID for the newly-created entry, something like this:
The entry {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008} was successfully created.
You'll need to use the value that bcdedit.exe returned for you below, along with the drive letter for the drive that Windows is installed to:
Again, make sure to replace C: with whatever the correct drive is for your Windows Vista/7 installation.

bcdedit.exe /set {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008} device partition=C:bcdedit.exe /set {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008} osdevice partition=C:bcdedit.exe /set {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008} path \Windows\system32\winload.exebcdedit.exe /set {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008} systemroot \Windows

And, last of all, tell the bootmgr bootloader to list the new entry or else it'll remain hidden:

bcdedit.exe /displayorder {c0dfc4fa-cb21-11dc-81bf-005056c00008}

Now your bootloader has been completely removed and rebuilt from scratch. If you got this to work, feel free to consider yourself one of the finest graduates of the NeoSmart Technologies Institute of BCD Learning.
At this point, you have a clean, untouched, and (hopefully) fully-working bootloader with one entry for Windows. Go ahead and reboot your PC, get back into Windows, and use EasyBCD to further tweak the bootloader to your heart's content. We advise backing up the BCD registry immediately with EasyBCD before making any changes.

If you can't select to copy, copy it manually (i.e. by sight).
I have done the Nuke option correctly for my 7 ultimate installation but I still can't boot. On start/restart it just proceeds to a blank screen without any boot menu or so and ut just remains on that blank screen with one cursor blinking on the top left corner. That's it.

I got this problem after I installed Xubuntu. At that time Win7 was showing in Grub menu but on clicking it would simply return to the same Grub Menu. Xubuntu booted/worked fine. Xubuntu is still on HDD but after all this tweaks it's Grub menu is not visible at all.

In fact till yesterday it was dualbooting fine with Ubuntu.

C has windows. Another 2 partitions have data and a few programs.
Fourth is Xubuntu. 5th is 10 Gb unallocated partition that I saved by doing old 30GB Ubuntu to new 20GB Xubuntu.

It's a pain to set up Windows from scratch. The drivers and all..goodness (sigh!)

I don't care about Xubuntu partition. Just 1 day old. I can backup my other partitions to Ext HDD, if at all needed.

Please let me know if there's any way to be able to boot into Win7.

Back