One question before purchase...

H2SO4JB

Hi!

I am looking to buy "EasyBCD", but I have a question first before I order.

I have Windows 10 Pro x64.
My wishes is to always boot in the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode.
Alternatively, configure the boot setting so that the boot menu (F8) appears by default every
time I boot, so I don't always need to be prepared to throw myself on the F8 key at every startup.
Is it possible to do this with "EasyBCD"?

You planning to buy a Commercial license? It's free for personal use.
You can set the boot to always allow unsigned drivers in Advanced options.
As long as you've set the boot menu to display for X seconds (or wait for selection - another extra option) then you can always click F8 yourself.
Wiki is here: https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/basics/advanced-settings/

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought that the program cost $29.95 for all users. :smile:

I have now installed EasyBCD, and has only enabled the following two options:

1. Edit Boot Menu -> Count down from 5
2. Advanced Settings -> Advanced -> Allow use of unsigned drivers on 64-Bit Windows

But it does not seem to work. After 5 seconds, Windows starts in normal mode, and unsigned drivers are not allowed. If I press the F8 key within these 5 seconds, then Windows starts in normal mode, and unsigned drivers are not allowed.

Do I misunderstood you, or what am I doing wrong?

In Advanced if you selected the unsigned drivers option and then clicked Save Settings it should stick
In Edit Boot Menu you can stop the countdown as shown in this pic:
Don't forget to save settings.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
In Advanced if you selected the unsigned drivers option and then clicked Save Settings it should stick
In Edit Boot Menu you can stop the countdown as shown in this pic:
Don't forget to save settings.

Thanks for your reply.

I have done exactly this, but it does not work anyway.
I have sent you links (private message) to two videos showing that it is not working with EasyBCD, but it works "manually".

Sorry I can't help privately and I don't have a player that will open MKV files. I'm just a Moderator here. One of the experts will post soon hopefully.

Sorry I can't help privately and I don't have a player that will open MKV files. I'm just a Moderator here. One of the experts will post soon hopefully.

Ok! Please, show my videos to the experts.
MKV is a common format, and all media player can play them. For example VLC Media Player.

Post them in this thread and they will read them when they can. I'm a volunteer working from home.

You'll probably need to zip them.

Last edited:
afaik the unsigned drivers option enables a facility which is only present in Windows Beta versions.
Once the software gets to RTM, MS removes the ability of the OS to run without signed drivers.
If I'm wrong, Mahmoud will no doubt set the record straight.

I've been searching in my Win 10, at Microsoft and at TenForums for more info on this and the only thing I can find is the option to boot without driver signing enforcement in the Advanced > Recovery options. Meaning it's a one-time thing and not available as a permanent setting.
I think the ability may have been available in developer builds but not any more.

I've been searching in my Win 10, at Microsoft and at TenForums for more info on this and the only thing I can find is the option to boot without driver signing enforcement in the Advanced > Recovery options. Meaning it's a one-time thing and not available as a permanent setting.
I think the ability may have been available in developer builds but not any more.

Okay, then we have made this clear.
Thanks for any help. :smile:

There are two/three different types of drivers in Windows. A driver can either be user mode or kernel mode, and kernel mode drivers can be loaded during boot or thereafter.

You can automatically (and persistently) enable the loading of unsigned user mode drivers and, I believe, non-boot-loaded kernel mode drivers. As of Windows 7, you can no longer use the BCD settings to load boot-time kernel drivers.

As driver signing costs have gone down significantly, almost no drivers aren't signed these days. What are you loading that isn't signed? I'd be wary.

There are two/three different types of drivers in Windows. A driver can either be user mode or kernel mode, and kernel mode drivers can be loaded during boot or thereafter.

You can automatically (and persistently) enable the loading of unsigned user mode drivers and, I believe, non-boot-loaded kernel mode drivers. As of Windows 7, you can no longer use the BCD settings to load boot-time kernel drivers.

As driver signing costs have gone down significantly, almost no drivers aren't signed these days. What are you loading that isn't signed? I'd be wary.

Hi Mahmoud!
Thank you for your explanation. I don't know what kind of driver I have.
It is a driver called "Virtual USB Bus Enumerator". I need it for a software I use.

Here you have a download link to the driver:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28287582/Virtual USB Bus Enumerator.zip

I am thankful if you look at it and explains why it does not work with "EasyBCD". :smile:

I'm afraid I can't look into this for you, there's a lot of drivers out there and EasyBCD clearly spells out which drivers it enables the loading of - in this case, we expect the developer of the driver to look into this and make it compatible.

Back